PDA

View Full Version : Air Baltic...help!!

Flock1
5th Jan 2006, 15:19
Hello,

About a month ago I booked a return flight from Manchester to Riga with Air Baltic. Everything went fine. Confirmation soon arrived. Today however, I recieved an email from Air Baltic. They said the outbound flight (13 Feb) was okay. The return flight however (15 feb) had been cancelled. Instead, the email said my girlfriend and I are booked on an Air baltic flight to Copenhagen, and then an SAS flight to Manchester.

Fair enough.

But the landing time at Copenhagen is 13:30. The SAS flight to Manchester goes at 14:15.

Does that leave enough time for everything? Although I've flown a lot (I hold a PPL) I've never had to do a transfer thing. I know the luggage will be transferred automatically. But do we have to check in again? What if the Air Baltic flight from Riga-Copenhagen is delayed?

Anything else I should know?

Cheers

Flock1

Flock1
5th Jan 2006, 15:24
And as a follow up...

What is Copenhagen airport like for ease of finding things. My itinery says we will be hanging around terminal 3.

The reson I'm asking all these quesitons is that my girlfriend hates flying at the best of times. She also loathes airports. She gets stressed out at Leeds-Bradford. For her, Brussels Airport was hellish. Any info will be be much apreciated.

Flock1

EI-CFC
5th Jan 2006, 15:38
I wouldn't imagine you'll have to check in again - airBaltic are partners of (and part owned by) SAS, so they should be able to check you in all the way along. As airBaltic are changing your flights, should the connection not be made, they should be responsible for making arrangments should their late arrival etc make you miss the connection.

Middle Seat
5th Jan 2006, 18:36
CPH didn't feel like an airport to me. Decent shopping, and the connection time should be fine, provided that the inbound is ok.
Looking forward to my CPH layovers next week.

Flock1
6th Jan 2006, 19:32
Cheers for the info.

KiloMIke
7th Jan 2006, 09:28
Connection time at CPH is 45 mins so you shuld be fine.

And you will be thru checked in RIX.