PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney's Private Transport

apaddyinuk
5th Jan 2006, 13:55
Sorry for what must seem to be a totally pointless thread and please dont ask why I need to know this but can anyone tell me what aircraft it was that Walt Disney used to fly himself and his execs between the various studios. I believe the aircraft is currently sitting in Disney MGM-Studios Orlando as part of the Studio Backlot tour so if anyone can spread any light on this for me it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks for the help!!!

treadigraph
5th Jan 2006, 14:42
Disney used to have a Gulfstream 1 if my dim and dusty memory serves correctly - N234MM rings a bell - "234 Mickey Mouse" might have been its call sign!.

Edited to say "look what I found...." (bored at work!)

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=N234MM&distinct_entry=true

BOAC
5th Jan 2006, 15:15
Sorry for what must seem to be a totally pointless thread and please dont ask why I need to know this - not at all, Paddy - exactly the right place!
....and we won't:)

apaddyinuk
5th Jan 2006, 16:44
:ok: Thanks guys, thats exactly what I was looking for!!! And a quick response too!!! :ok:

FLCH
5th Jan 2006, 17:13
(treadigraph) Disney used to have a Gulfstream 1 if my dim and dusty memory serves correctly - N234MM rings a bell - "234 Mickey Mouse" might have been its call sign!.
Good memory tread...I remember it as 234 Mickey Mouse too....(now if I can only remember what the hell I was doing before I sat down at this computer)... :)

nosefirsteverytime
5th Jan 2006, 20:52
Sure the sign wasn't

*sung*
Mike-India-Charleeeee,

Kilo-Echo-Yankeeee,

Mike-Oscar-Uniform-Sierra-Echo?

:)

Wycombe
6th Jan 2006, 08:33
Not pointless at all, as I'm going there soon, so will make sure I take a look....thanks!

apaddyinuk
6th Jan 2006, 12:11
Wycombe, its on the studio back lot tour and you get a pretty good view of it as you go around so make sure you have your camera on hand!!!