PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Vs Crazy Horse Vs SA police !

TopperHarley
5th Jan 2006, 04:34
What have the eastern boys (and girls apparently!) in adelaide been up to ?

OperationsNormal
5th Jan 2006, 05:20
Chants of "youre going home in the back of a divvy van cha cha cha cha cha cha cha cha cha" were heard as they left for the short trip down down hindley street !

How much did it cost to get them out ?

Were they entitled to a "hard laying" allowance ?

Chocks Away
8th Jan 2006, 00:49
Definately "hard lying allowance" I think, they sorted their own accom out... is it worth more in their latest EBA?

iceblock
10th Jan 2006, 00:47
Well don't keep us in suspence. Me and the other 1460 people that have viewed this would like to know...

Or was it a rhetorical question??:confused:

Or maybe a password or secret handshake is required:suspect:

Howard Hughes
10th Jan 2006, 06:19
Well don't keep us in suspence. Me and the other 1460 people that have viewed this would like to know...
Or was it a rhetorical question??:confused:
Or maybe a password or secret handshake is required:confused:
Make that 1666, come on tell us, or at least post a media link!!http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/handshake2.gif
Cheers, HH.:ok:

soldier of fortune
10th Jan 2006, 08:26
shades of the truck maybe -common lets punch on.

Woomera
10th Jan 2006, 14:32
Lets see;

Breaking News;
An Airline crew from Qantas subsidiary Eastern at a function at the notorious Crazy Horse Saloon celebrating the inauguration of a new service to Adelaide, became overwhelmed by the generous hospitality provided.

Official sources would not reveal the nature of what followed save that a police spokesman said "it was necessary for them to be taken down to the Hindley St station for their own safety and we have taken the keys to the aircraft and other sharp objects and blunt instruments off them for the time being".

Thai997
14th Jan 2006, 05:30
Does it have anything to do with this acticle from the Advertiser ?

Pilot flies into rage over taunts
23 December 2005

TO the public he was a respected pilot, but to his colleagues he was better known as "Mini Me" and "Trevor's bitch".

It was this long-running alleged harassment that fuelled a "spur of the moment" fit of rage in which Qantas pilot Jarrod Seen hit captain Marc Alphandary in the eye with a glass at a colleague's party.

First Officer Seen, 27, of Zetland, yesterday pleaded guilty in the Downing Centre Local Court to assaulting Mr Alphandary in the early hours of June 12, at Darling Harbour.

He escaped a jail term and conviction, with Magistrate Tim Keady instead placing him on a 12-month good behaviour bond.

Seen told the court he and Mr Alphandary fell out after he was promoted to assistant senior fleet manager by Trevor Mcguire, the senior fleet manager.

He said Mr Alphandary started to call him "Trevor's bitch", "mini Trevor" and "Mini Me". "This would happen every time I saw him in the crew room," he said.

The two men met again at the function 18 months later. It was there Seen said two female flight attendants came to him in tears, claiming Mr Alphandary had called them "back-stabbing bitchs".

Seen, who had three drinks before the party then five schooners and a scotch and Coke, said he approached Mr Alphandary and asked if he enjoyed picking on girls.

He then grabbed Mr Alphandary's right shoulder, took a glass from his hand and swung at him, the base of the tumbler hitting him just above his left eye, leaving a 4cm cut requiring stitches.

In court yesterday, Mr Alphandary strenuously denied bullying and harassing Seen. He admitted he may have called him those names but had never done so maliciously.

The magistrate said built-up resentment and alcohol did not excuse Seen's behaviour but it did explain it.

soldier of fortune
14th Jan 2006, 08:29
nothing like a good glassing across the face-reminds me of the time when i was on the same cathey pathetic flt when the oais brothers liam and noel tried to glass the hostitutes and the punters -- shades of truck again :suspect:

Alien Sex God
14th Jan 2006, 08:48
Is he still the assistant senior fleet manager?

Agent Mulder
14th Jan 2006, 10:20
The most amazing thing about the case was the Chief Pilot of Eastern giving a character reference to this bloke. If I was the CP of Eastern, I would be questioning the mental stability of one of my pilots who deliberately glasses a work colleague.

Rumour has it he concocted this story whilst changing his plea from not guilty just a few days prior to the hearing.

Rumour also has it that the CP of Eastern was aware that this was potentially going to happen. The CP apparently confirmed at the time he was not aware of any harrassment issues between the victim and the perpetrator.

Rumour also has it that this whole episode has resulted in the victim being harrassed by Eastern Management on the basis of the trumped up claims.

The first name of either person was not mentioned in the press article and wont be here unless it is elsewhere in the public domain. W
Why?

Because the victim is a union leader of the Eastern Pilots and continues to fight for the best results for the Pilot Body.

Welcome to Mr. Howard's new world order.

This whole situation is an absolute disgrace and shows the low levels to which Qantas will stoop to attempt to destroy effective workplace organisers. The Management should be ashamed of themselves for their part in this farce, and the aggression shown by the perpetrator should be grounds for dismissal if there is to be consistent application of Corporate HR policy.

When the top of the tree is quoted with "I'm the chairman of an airline. I'm the chairman of Qantas'. And this black guy, who was, like, eight foot tall, said, 'But you're a woman'.", it makes you wonder what rules apply to who. Any average joe employee would be sacked for being quoted with such a comment in the media.

Shame Qantas Shame!

The truth is out there!

HotDog
14th Jan 2006, 10:29
:} Soldier, also reminiscent of the Swire bottler in disco bay

tipsy2
14th Jan 2006, 10:33
mulder, As one who has been impacted by and seen others affected by their 'policy' in its various guises since 1970 you will not find "if there is to be consistent application of Corporate HR policy". If there has been one thing consistant, it is that it is consistently poorly and variously applied.

You have a greater chance of proving the earth is flat that achieving a 'consistent application of Corporate HR policy'.

tipsy