PDA

View Full Version : Dress code for CX 2nd interview...ladies???

Dash Of Soda
5th Jan 2006, 00:40
Hi there!

Hubby has 2nd CX interview in HK in March 2006. I will be attending with him and was wondering what is the required dress-code for the girls attending the "cocktail party"? I don't want to turn out under-dressed or embarrassingly over-dressed for the "do"! :eek:
Any advice on conservativness? bling-bling? dresses? pants? etc etc, would be great thanks.

Happy New Year... :)

buzz box
5th Jan 2006, 04:05
Hi,

I found it very hard to know what to wear, as the infomation that Cathay gives you doesn't say anything about a cocktail party, it simply states join us for drinks. You would be safe wearing pants, or a business skirt. Remembering that a lot of the Cathay staff are coming straight from work to the drinks. The women in our group wore a shirt and skirt or a smart dress.I wouldn't recommend anything slinky or bling,bling.
All the best!!

Mirv
6th Jan 2006, 06:01
Hot tips...

1) Don't grab your crotch when dancing

2) Don't wear oversized novelty spectacles

Oh sorry, cocktail party...not a wedding!

All of the recruiting staff go across to the upstairs bar for the cocktail party, they are wearing their normal work threads, and during my interview half the applicants wore the outfit they had on that day, and the rest got changed. I was the last to interview in my group (damn) and pretty much went from the interview, had time for a quick shower/change and grab the elevator up.

The "cocktail party" is not one at all...I don't think CX refer to it as such. The wives that attended wore a mix, if you glammed up and wore your fave little black cocktail dress so you looked like you were going to an A-list do you would perhaps be overdressed. If you wore a simple pants suit (for example) you would blend right in. Wear something that is comfortable and smart, and appropriate for business company.

Ultimately, you have to dress in what makes you feel comfortable. Also, the drinks is not some horror assessment, be yourself, meet the staff (they are all friendly and have interesting backgrounds) and let them meet the interesting, supportive and HK-enthusiastic wife (you are excited about coming to HK, remember!!!!)

energie
6th Jan 2006, 08:41
I was told that it is definitely not just a "cock-tail" party. I guess please mind the obvious, and watch what you say if you want your hubby to be successful. :ok:

Dash Of Soda
7th Jan 2006, 06:59
Thanks for the info so far guys...much appreciated :)

Hey MIRV...I guess my "hula skirt" and "coconut bra" is probably out of the question then? :{ :{ :{ LOL

Cheers and clink clink! ;)

petitfromage
7th Jan 2006, 08:23
Just to emphasise whats already been said.
Its not a cocktail party ala cocktail dresses, black tie etc.

90% of people will be there straight from a day behind their desks. There are sometimes also management pilots, still in uniform.

I was last to interview and we were running late; so we simply kept chatting and headed straight up to Catalinas (the bar/restuarant where the 'cocktail party' is held). I think my interview finished in the lift when we bumped into the chap who did my sim ride?

Smart casual is my best advice. Dont over do it but as always, its better to be slightly over dressed and underdressed!

Ps: Bit chilly for coconuts in March, so best you wear someting inside the shells so you dont poke anyones eye out.
Similarly, tell your hubby to leave the flip-flips at home (unless they have pretty flowers....we like them)

Pip-pip