PDA

View Full Version : Slok Air Int'l-gambia ??

bafanguy
4th Jan 2006, 21:00
Not familiar with this company ( or many others in Africa ). What is the story/reputation/the usual on this company ? They are recruiting 737-200 pilots in the US. Thanks.

Gunship
5th Jan 2006, 08:13
Little I know is that they where Nigeria - based.

Story i had was that they had a "fall-out" with the local governer of their Province of Operations.

" Fall - out " as in the co$t of hi$ living expen$e$ became high yah know :E

So he banned them / revoke their licence / kicked them out ..

The re-settled in the Gambia about 2 years ago.

I have flown with them a few time - no problems - Africa but no problems to shout about :ok:

Hope it helps ... RANI ??? SOUPS ??? come in - help da man boys :cool:

mjbow2
5th Jan 2006, 09:52
Gday bafanguy...

Still in the market I see. I too am taking a look at these guys, however I dont want to make the trip to aeroservice in Florida on the 21st....I already have the type. Does anyone know how to contact these people?

Let me know if you find anything out about them

MJB

fly2fly
18th Jan 2006, 18:55
Nobody from Slok will be on the AeroService Job Fair on the 21st as the pilots' flight back is leaving Miami at 11 o'clock the same day.

As far as Slok is concerned, only 4 B732 are actually flying now.

ZAZOO
18th Jan 2006, 19:06
I know some of the guys at Slok, always meet up with them on the west coast in Dakar, Freetown, Abidjan and Banjul, quite a nice bunch and currently fly wit one of their ad hoc captain who just joined us!

If there is anything I can do to help just say and I will gladly see what I can do.

Cheers

Zaz

soups
19th Jan 2006, 19:42
Ayeko
i flew Slok few years back they ain't bad to fly, of course there are many better african airlines to fly and there are worse. their flights seem to be on time. However if you dont mind ''hopping' the Slok is to fly typical Accra to Banjul involves 3 or 4 stops

bafanguy
21st Jan 2006, 15:17
ZAZOO,
Thanks. Why would they come to a job fair in the USA looking for pilots ? That's a long way to go. There must be lots of people in Africa they could use.

ZAZOO
23rd Jan 2006, 08:52
Hi Bafanguy, you will be surprised, about the shortage of qualified crew!!!

Yes maybe we have some pilots around, but how many are rated! I am even pleased to hear that one Nigerian airline has picked up some of them for training and type very soon in the UK.

Zaz

Sabastienl
25th Jan 2006, 06:08
ZAZOO.....since you seem to have a good picture of what is happening in
Africa, just out of intrest are all nigerian 73 operators flying now? like
EAS...ADC and Blue tail!

MineDog
25th Jan 2006, 21:56
Wondered how to contact Slok. Looked them up on the net, coudn't find contact number. I used to see them once in a while in BKO, but not anymore. Did they cancel this destination? About a year ago I talked to the Chief Pilot, friendly guy, who told me: if type rated, you're in. Do not now if this is still the case. Can anyone give some info?

CHEERS

ZAZOO
27th Jan 2006, 08:08
MineDog that Chief Pilot is no more with Slok, knew him well very nice guy. The Owner has changed management and sent the CP and a few others parking:sad: dont know why though!!!

Sabastienl yes Bluetail is flying :ok: and so is ADC Airlines (but struggling) EAS Airlines has been grounded for quite a while now.

Zaz

Sabastienl
28th Jan 2006, 07:58
ZAZOO........thanks mate well appreciated, is anybody looking for 73 rated
drivers with just type rating .......no actual airplane experience? please let
me know ....U can pm me if you desire.

Thanx

Gambia-track
28th Jan 2006, 16:48
We have an AOC sitting unused in the Gambia right now. If you want a direct line to Slok send me a PM and I will hook you up with a contact in the GCAA that will give you any info that you want. Gambia recently had a shake up in their GCAA with the DG going to jail for mismanagement but she is out and it looks more political than real. Paul Bass has taken over as the DG and is US and FAA educated and married to a US citizen. He also is fair but tough. A good guy to work with. If you need some additional info or know someone who wants to open up US ops, let me know. We have the AOC and people to clear 129 status into the US. But like always it is a funding issue.

Regards

corporal klinger
13th Feb 2006, 07:00
gents,

what is the safety level like in this airline ? (planning on a flight as pax with them)
thanks.

aeroground
13th Feb 2006, 07:46
Gambia track

sent you email

rgds