PDA

View Full Version : Which Companies Will Send To BFPO Tax Free?

Pilot Pacifier
4th Jan 2006, 16:40
Anyone know which companies will post to BFPO address's (non Europe) tax free? This would be for electrical stuff.

Thanks in advance!

PP

Melchett01
4th Jan 2006, 18:28
PP - all depends on what sort of electricals you are after. I bought a camera (excuse what some people will call advertising) from Internet Cameras Direct but over the phone when I was in the sand pit first time out. They were more than helpful about not charging tax. I believe they also sell things other than cameras via their web site.

Give em a bell and explain - you will have to be outside the EU to qualify though.

fatjockslim
4th Jan 2006, 18:31
WWW.Amazon.co.uk will do. When they (Amazon) dispatch the goods, contact them and they will refund the Vat directly. Most companys are reluctant and will only do so if you supply them with a VAT exemption form from your admin department.

Talking Radalt
4th Jan 2006, 19:22
Beg to differ with the "most companies are reluctant" bit.
Had plenty of stuff, DVDs, CDs, etc posted to the land of sand, tax free, post free and sometimes with freebies thrown in!
A quick "it's so dull here and also a bit difficult getting stuff delivered but I know you guys won't let me down" e-mail at time of ordering does the trick!

The bobble hat suppliers (Cotswold, Field&Trek etc) also tend to do good BFPO deals.

fatjockslim
4th Jan 2006, 19:42
"Reluctant to do VAT free to Germany as it is still in the EU" I should have said...but a few will.

NoseGunner
4th Jan 2006, 20:08
Dell are excellent - but need to call them.

Phone no on their web site.