PDA

View Full Version : 'N' Reg Biz Jet Operators

julian_storey
4th Jan 2006, 14:40
I've got just over 900 hours and I'm off to the US to get an FAA CPL/IR. Anyone got any ideas how I might compile a list of people operating stuff on the 'N' register who might be in need of a pilot?

FLEXJET
4th Jan 2006, 15:42
There are many based in the UK an Ireland:

http://www.laasdata.com/fra/bica_ctry.php?c=N&t=

Good luck !

julian_storey
4th Jan 2006, 15:57
Thank you for that. The fact that there are so many here is envouraging.

All I have to do now is find out who owns them and whether or not they need a pilot! :ugh:

B200Drvr
5th Jan 2006, 04:28
I am in a similar position, anybody know of a "N" reg operator looking for an Internationally experienced British pilot in the UK. I need to continue work while I do my JAR. Turbo prop or bizjet.
Julien, your FAA licence will open alot of doors in other countries as well.

zakpeegoodus
5th Jan 2006, 05:41
“All I have to do now is find out who owns them and whether or not they need a pilot!

How do you go about doing that? It is an encouraging list, but how do you find contact details of the operators?

Good luck with the FAA CPL/IR. I did the FAA ATP last year. Haven't the money for the JAR....:ugh:

Fly Better!
5th Jan 2006, 10:00
What are the benefits of holding an FAA ATP rather than a European licence?

Is it still easy enough to get one? I thought it was getting harder to train in the USA now.

julian_storey
5th Jan 2006, 12:02
I am in the process of getting a visa as we speak. Doesn't seem to be all that hard unless you are a terrorist.

Seems like it could take a while though.

B200Drvr
5th Jan 2006, 14:49
Fly Better,
It is not better than a JAA/JAR just a good addition to a European licence. It just opens more doors and allows you to fly "N" reg commercially.
The exams are not difficult as you can buy the questions, but dont be fooled that the oral & flight check are in any way easy.