View Full Version : East Midlands Job

EESDL
6th Apr 2000, 00:34
EMASU £35K, does anybody know more details yet?

PurplePitot
6th Apr 2000, 03:38
What do you want to know?? It's all in flight International.

35.5 K, 6+3 roster which equates to 7 days off in 18, 10 hour shifts 0800 - 1800, 1730 - 0330.

EESDL
7th Apr 2000, 14:38
PP
Got Flight and the details, should have been more specific with Q. Does anybody know background of the team, management etc?

Letsby Avenue
8th Apr 2000, 01:05
Mick Dunn is the Civilian UEO - Good bloke, ex Inspector, Don't try the BS approach at the interview.

Don't bother applying if you have more than say, 20 hours, fixed wing. Tourists are not required.

The Chief Pilot is ex Navy - Doug Chapman, give him a call and sound the job out, you can get the number by calling Chris Forrest at MACS. You should know what I am talking about.

EMASU are a pretty reasonable bunch to work for, no real complaints while I was there.

The working accommodation is second to none - OK, OK, Fairoaks is better!! But you get my drift.

The shift pattern is a 6,3 as per my earlier post, the only minor gripe is that your day off starts at 0300 in the morning.

When a fourth pilot starts work, the time on should reduce to around 9 or 10 days out of a cyclical 18 day rotation.

You will be working as a direct employee of the Leicestershire constabulary so you can expect lots of induction courses and various touchy feely type awareness training that appears to be fashionable at the moment.

The pension is of the standard government, index linked 6% contribution type. If you start aged 40 and retire aged 55 you should get around 8K back and 22K (ish) gratuity. Expensive though.

There is a little bit of ‘loss of flying licence’ protection and you can join a PPP type health family plan.

You will fly around 200 hours a year.

You will need to relocate – I think there is a relocation package.

This is all non-quotable!!!!

Hope this helps.

PS - I think they have a NFC policy ;)

[This message has been edited by Letsby Avenue (edited 07 April 2000).]

EESDL
10th Apr 2000, 15:48
Ta

mrfish
10th Apr 2000, 18:41
Does anyone have a contact number or email for Dougy Chapman. Im ex-RN, trying to get in touch...not job hunting (yet!)