PDA

View Full Version : The Best Of Both Worlds.....

LAFalot
4th Mar 2002, 11:39
Morning all. Just wondered if there are many other Ppruners out there who fly both rotary and fixed wing for a living.. .The majority of my hours are helicopter, but now the day job is flying the Boeing 757, UK based. I take a few months off each winter from this to reacquaint myself with my roots, flying helicopters offshore. Mad, you ask? Well, not really, as I enjoy the variety, the helicopter companies keep my rotary qualifications current at their expense and as a contractor the pay is reasonable. Haven't yet tried to bring the Boeing to the hover either, though stopping and then trying to land is definitely nicer than landing and then trying to stop.......! Any other views on the joys of being dual rated?

eden
4th Mar 2002, 14:38
LAFalot - am a similar beast to yourself, although Helo fluggening is my passion. I have kept involved with Commercial Helo work onshore with a variety of tasking and would like to continue this. Depending who you fly the 757 for might dictate a few minor schnurglies with regard to insurance. Can discuss via email if you like.. .. .eden (energy driven eccentric nirvana)