PDA

View Full Version : Africa : bush pilot

flysim
2nd Jan 2006, 17:06
Hi there,

I am looking for feedback about African flying experiences.
Any pilot who has been there for a first job ?
What about humanitary flights ?
Advise ?
Thanks

austra1998
6th Jan 2006, 01:33
by any luck...are you italian and your name is stefano?? i'm looking for this guy...and you could sound like him...anyway

first job in africa...it can be done...not very easy and it depends on your time...if you are 250 tt....quite difficolt...but it has been done before...so...

suggestion is ...get a CFI ticket...build up time and then come down...much easier this way....concidering also that sometimes flying in africa can be quite demanding.

ciao
alex

flysim
8th Jan 2006, 12:23
Sorry I am not the guy you are looking for.
thanks for your advice. Do you have any name ? contact ? precise infor ?
Cheers

HSInop
9th Jan 2006, 10:07
How much time is the key. There are some that will hire on experinece and some with time alone for just a worm body in the left seat. One that might be good to get your foot in the door is airserv.org . They hire from all over and they seem to have a good rep. Was talking to one of their pilots in france the other day. He said he enjoys it. Cheers.

menikos
9th Jan 2006, 18:04
His name is not Olivier ?

Cheers.

HSInop
10th Jan 2006, 09:04
The name escapes me now, he's an American though if that would help. We met each other in passing. If you don't mind can you tell me a little about Airserv. They have a nice web site but would you know anything about them. Cheers