PDA

View Full Version : Raytheon Pilots

Blade88
3rd Mar 2002, 09:56
Looking for information on pilot jobs with Raytheon outside the US. Any info or direction would be appreciated.

NigD
3rd Mar 2002, 22:51
Blade88. .. .Not sure why you are posting this thread on a rotary wing website but here's some info anyway. .. .At Raytheon Aircaft Services in the U.K., based at Hawarden airfield (EGNR)they seem to need contract test pilots quite a bit especially for the Hawker 125s (all series). The work is mainly for CofA renewal and modification test flights (EGPWS, SATCOM, FMS, RVSM etc). . .. .Do you have a 125/Beechjet CAA license or as it is gradually coming to Europe, a Premier license.. .. .Hope this is of some use. .. .Regards. .. .NigD

Blade88
4th Mar 2002, 07:43
NigD,. . Thanks for the info. I'm a US military helicopter pilot retiring in the not so distant future. I thought Raytheon had some helicopter support contracts in Europe.. .. .Blade88

NigD
4th Mar 2002, 22:42
Blade88. .. .Didn't know anything about any Heli contract support work, as far as I knew it was all fixed wing stuff. . .Let me have a dig round on our company intranet and see if there are such support contracts, if there are I'll post you contact names/details etc.. .. .Regards. .. .NigD

NigD
5th Mar 2002, 21:52
Blade 88. .. .Had a look round and sorry I can't find any heli ops for Raytheon, doesn't mean I'm right though!!. . . .If you convert to fixed wing and get a 125 licence drop me an email. Spent some memorable hours on EGPWS flight tests (as an engineering advisor) and to me they are the best corporate jet in the world, not many could survive a direct hit from a SAM on its engine and still land safely. As for the Raytheon Premier, forget it, well its not nicknamed the "plastic pig" for nothing.. .. .Hope civvy life is to your liking.. .. .Regards. .. .NigD. .. .PS I think I've just lost the content to your original thread

Blade88
9th Mar 2002, 01:06
Thanks Nigel,. . It is time I starting working on my fixed wing ratings.. .. .Al