PDA

View Full Version : City Airline

TheFatMan
31st Dec 2005, 10:09
Hi,

Anyone care to shed some light on the working conditions in City Airline? Normal stuff, working pattern, salary, etc.

TFM

Trolle
2nd Jan 2006, 17:39
There is an article about the airline in December's ATW magazine. Spoke to a rep at a Swedish aviation conference and was told they only use contract pilots. Had some contact with them in late 2001 about a position via Rishworth Aviation for an FO position. Everyone seemed nice and professional, but the position never panned out.

Catans
2nd Jan 2006, 22:48
OK,

This summer, in June, they did look for pilots who were willing to pay their own type-rating.

From what I heard they only hired pilots already living in Göteborg and I was told the type-rating cost $30 000. Sounds like a lot of money to fly a small jet.

Catans

TheFatMan
4th Jan 2006, 17:44
Thanks,

remember seeing that they were looking for crew this summer. Just wanted to find out if the pay is Ok and if the crew is a happy bunch. Seems like a quite nice job flying around teams and celebs! Plus the E145 is quite a good looking airplane.

TFM

Will Rogers
11th Jan 2006, 11:41
Teams and celebs? I though they operated scheduled routes...? We are talking about www.cityairline.com right?

Will

Bengt Engel
11th Jan 2006, 12:11
affirm....

TheFatMan
11th Jan 2006, 13:56
They have signed contract with two French football teams, Olympique Lyon and another team I believe to fly them to their away games during UEFA Champions League and other matches. Or am I wrong informed?

Will Rogers
12th Jan 2006, 11:01
Aha... I did not know that. Good for them to have a steady cash flow like that.

Cheers,

Will

Trolle
13th Jan 2006, 11:23
The ATW article does a good job explaining all about City Airline in Gothenberg. Plus, just announced a codeshare with SAS. City Airline was mentioned as looking to expand outside of Scandinavia with another hub; also mentioned in the article.

CitationTen
19th Jan 2006, 01:14
Do you have to be Swedish to fly for City? Can anyone in the know shed some light on the possibilities for contract pilots? I have over 1000h on ERJ-145s...

Thanks for any insight!

172_driver
20th Jan 2006, 14:57
I don't think you have to a Swede to fly for CF. I know of both Swiss and French pilots flying for them.