PDA

View Full Version : Newark Layover

cossack
30th Dec 2005, 20:27
Next month Mrs C and myself have a 10 hour layover at EWR. Its been a few years since we've been through there and so were wondering if, after all the construction, anyone can recommend a good place to rest up other than the massage chair in Brookstone!

We considered Priority Pass but thought it was too expensive for a one off. Any lounges there accept "pay-per-visit" without PP membership?

We've been to NYC several times and so limit suggestions to on-airport please.

Many thanks

Scottie Dog
2nd Jan 2006, 19:07
Hey Cossack

Where you off to man? :ok:

Sorry nobody has replied to you, but in anycase have a fab holiday (whenever) and a really happy New Year.

Scottie Dog
:D

cossack
2nd Jan 2006, 19:14
Happy New Year Scottie!

Thanks for the Christmas Card too. We're heading off to Australia but taking the scenic route via EWR, ARN and KUL. It was cheap before you ask! Getting down EWR from here can be an adventure in the winter so we're leaving YYZ at 9.30am and EWR at 9.40pm!

I tried bidding on 2 tickets to the Continental President's Club on eBay, but missed out. I guess we'll work something out.

Take care

Dave

Full Emergency
4th Jan 2006, 17:31
If I remember correctly, PP lounges are available on a 'pay-per-visit' arrangement, even if you don't have a card.

I know that it will cost you £18 at LGW for the pleasure and the same amount at BCN. Have you tried e-mailing them at all to ask....??

If all else fails..........BLAG!! :E :E

FE

Romeo Delta
5th Jan 2006, 00:44
Most lounges in the US charge ~$50 a visit. Might be worth your while.

Ace Rimmer
6th Jan 2006, 07:28
If you are in the mood for some serious calories check out the Garden State Diner which is in Terminal C around gate 98 (i think)...:ok: