PDA

View Full Version : North Sea - the saga continues...

InflowRoll
29th Aug 1999, 10:46
Rumour has it that CHC is about to sell 'Bond Ireland', a subsidiary of Bond Helicopters, to Olog. Anyone throw any light on the subject?

[This message has been edited by InflowRoll (edited 29 August 1999).]

Captain Catastrophy
29th Aug 1999, 14:26
Considering the rumour was that olog were going to sell BHL's European operations to CHC that seems odd? One thing is sure - we will be the last to know!

leading edge
8th Sep 1999, 16:50
Seeing as Bristow already owns Irish Helicopters and OLOG own Bristow, it would be a bit like buying something you alraedy have, ie not much point. Bristow have, though, just bought a load of CHC's surplus aircraft which shows that they are all holding hands! It probably means that the contract rates will go up though which just might mean a future pay rise for all you North Sea people (those who are left anyway)

maxvne
10th Sep 1999, 00:25
Its has been confirmed that OLOG now owns Bond Ireland and in particular there SAR units of Dublin and Shannon although the boys in Shannon showed there appreciation by thrashing a S61 all over the apron while taxiing out for a sortie.
PS Bristows sold Irish Helicopters almost a year ago eventhough it still operates under the name Irish Helicopters

Captain Catastrophy
10th Sep 1999, 14:07
That begs three questions

1 Who owns irish helicopters not that there was an awful lot left apart from the name by the time it was sold? and

2 What's all this about an S61 thrashing itslef all over the pan, no-one hurt I hope

3 what aircraft have BHL bought off CHC / Bond / HSC? We're supposed to have too many having given away most of our major contracts?

yours confusedly

Aaaarrrrggghh ( Aberdeen )

barsandstars
13th Sep 1999, 01:42
I would love to know all the supposedly transfer of helicopters from CHC to BHL(olog), it defies all the recent redundancies.

maxvne
13th Sep 1999, 05:06
Irish Helicopters is now privately owned by the EX retired chief pilot along with another businness man and all they have is a lighthouse contract plus general charter but they have just secured an offshore contract for a S61 which has just begun and they have linked up with Schriner.
No one hurt on the S61 aircraft but a lot of damage to a/c apparently it bounced up during taxiing and nose then struck ground and then tail struck hard pushing tail wheel up through tail skin and blades contacted with the tail boom.
But I would like to know if OLOG now owns Bond SAR who's A.O.C are they now operating on as it must be Bristows who I believe have no AOC to operate in Ireland anyone know the answer.

leading edge
7th Oct 1999, 10:09
Good rumours indicate that CHC have asked that the Irish SAR contract be "assigned" to Bristow. Irish Govt not happy apparently so things might get interesting in the near future...