PDA

View Full Version : The nail in the coffin for SAS longhaul?

porkandbrew
30th Dec 2005, 14:50
Hej Skandinaver!

So now it is SAS' turn to get a knock out from Emirates. DXB to CPH operations to start in October -06. I'm afraid this will kick the last little bit of life out of SK's longhaul ops to the east. :(

Just ask Qantas what they think of Emirates' plans to increase the number of weekly flights to Australia from 42 to 84.
It is simply impossible to compete with Emirates success formula, and that does not make me proud...

Good luck Lindegaard!

Pork:sad:

Ramrise
30th Dec 2005, 17:43
A question.

What is Emirates success formula??

Other than than the owner being super rich to begin with, that is.

Regards,

Ramrise

Flathatter
31st Dec 2005, 11:04
What is Emirates success formula??

Easy: The head of the airline is also head of the CAA as well as being a member of the nations ruling family.

Oh, and free fuel.

TheFatMan
31st Dec 2005, 11:58
and no landing fee in Dubai! or...

Payscale
31st Dec 2005, 12:05
....oh yes....and a ton og gold for Ramadan every year...not counting the Ferraris they give out too..

I am sad too the EK dents SAS Long Haul. But they will!

The Success formula lies in very low operating costs. Many airport workers are on minimum wage. Around 2000 Dkr a month. As we only fly long haul aircraft, crew expenses per seat are also low.
We fly with 2 pilots for most flights. Up to 14 hours Flight Duty Periods.

Free Fuel????

NO. Sorry. If that was the case we could tanker fuel all over the place. Actually a american in Houston hedges our fuel for us.
We fly around with min fuel, just like you.

Head of CAA?

No. Sheik Ahmed is EKs Boss and DCA Boss, which is the local airport operator.

Anyway...we are coming. We have 80 big jets and one new one arriving every month the next 11 years.