PDA

View Full Version : Bissau Airlines info sought

lovis9
30th Dec 2005, 08:28
Hi Guys,

Do you know an operator called bissau airlines?
I am trying to get some info but with little succes,
all the info you can give me will be well appreciated!

Thanks

Hava a great day,

Lovis9.

RICCARDOVOLANTE
30th Dec 2005, 16:30
Ho cercato da diversi mesi di contattare questa aerolinea ma senza successo forse e una di quelle aerolinee fantasma?
Riccardo volante

B Sousa
31st Dec 2005, 10:17
Company Profile

Updated: 08-JUN-05

Guine-Bissau Airlines

International government owned
Caixa Postal 875, Bissau , Guinea-Bissau
245 204895, 245 201137 fax, Primary SIC: Air Transportation Scheduled, Primary NAICS: Scheduled Passenger Air Transportation
Description: Transportation: Airline services

Not a whole bunch out there. Appears to be a newbie

Wizard
31st Dec 2005, 12:48
IATA Code: G6
ICAO Code: BSR

lovis9
1st Jan 2006, 14:16
Thanks,well I cross everything I have hopeing in a chance out there.....they say the interview will be in Paris.....

Any other did the interview with them before?

Ceers,

Lovi.

Gambia-track
28th Jan 2006, 16:58
Bissau Airlines may be a name but it also may not ever be able to get off the ground like most African startups. Any airline that is flying on an AOC out of Bissau will only be allowed to fly into a few areas. Very few countries will respect it due to the complete lack of support and training in the civil aviation staff. Also the airport only has power turned on during scheduled ops, meaning no communications there unless you can hook up with someone on a cell phone remotely. It's a challenge. If you get a chance call the Ambassador (pending) to the US Mr. Henrique Da Silva in Washington, DC at 1-202-361-9852. That is his cell number and he travels a lot. There really isn't anyone else in the US that can help. We have an attorney that is going to Bissau in mid February to sign a telecom deal and I can hook you up with him to chase down any info you need while he is there. He is based in NY.

Regards

lovis9
30th Jan 2006, 08:17
Thank you very much!
I ll call him soon, unfort. I do not have a interview date yet, and they did not replay to my call and mail, I am going to call this Sir as soon as I have a date,
Thanks for the useful information, I do appreciate it !!
Sincerely,

Lovis9.