PDA

View Full Version : Windows Media Player hassle

Hufty
29th Dec 2005, 15:25
Hi there - hopefully somebody can answer this one - while trying to get album information from the internet, my Windows Media Player tells me that I need to go and change the privacy settings. I checked the help pages and I need to look for a check box in Tools>Internet Options>Privacy to enable the download of album info. However, I am running Windows XP and the check box doesn't exist. I haven't been able to find another way to do it. Any ideas anybody??

Hufty.

BOAC
29th Dec 2005, 15:27
You should have 7 tabs when you open 'options', the third from the left is 'privacy'? What was the check box?

flynverted
29th Dec 2005, 15:47
This what you're looking for?
In media player, Tools>Options>Privacy Tab.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/flynverted/res084.jpg

BLUE SKY THINKER
29th Dec 2005, 15:59
As per above, looking in the wrong place I suspect. ...When you find it in MediaPlayer make sure at the same time you have the latest (updated) version: 10.00.00.3646.

(BOAC: should be 11 tabs; maybe you have an older version?)

BOAC
29th Dec 2005, 16:04
BST - you are right! I did not RTFQ properly and assumed we were talking IE options - sorree!:confused: Don't use MP any more. It is Intervideo for DVD and Winamp for audio.

Hufty
29th Dec 2005, 16:08
Guys, thanks!!!!

I was looking in the wrong place - Explorer rather than media player - what a muppet.

I have found it now - many thanks! The power of Pprune!

H.

flynverted
29th Dec 2005, 16:13
Quote:

------------------------------------------------------

I was looking in the wrong place - Explorer rather than media player - what a muppet.

------------------------------------------------------

Had a feeling that's where you were looking. ;)

Glad you got it sorted. :ok: :cool: