PDA

View Full Version : EK - Spilt Family

Diabolo
29th Dec 2005, 13:05
Hello,

Happy New year to all and all my best wishes for 2006.
I would like to know if it is manageable to do split family between Paris and Dubai ?
The T7 fly to CDG 2 times a day as far as I know.
As a new and low seniority T7 F/O what are the chance for me to request 2 or 3 duty flights to CDG ? I can spend my rest time home with my family.
Is it possible to be 10 days per month in France ?
What are the possibilities in case of a spilt family ?
Best things to do ?
I am looking forward for your help and alternative idea about this.
Many thanks and wishes you again all some happy contrails at FL2006 :))

Diabolo

SpootNICK
29th Dec 2005, 13:50
I'd say forget about it.......

Many guys commute back to their families....but it is not anywhere near 10 days a month. At the current rate, you'll be lucky to get 10 days off a month in total. As far as bidding for flights goes, you may get one or two a month, but will require some creative swapping amongst your fellow F/O's....so dont plan on it happening every month.

This is from personal experience.....others may differ.

SN

BigGeordie
29th Dec 2005, 17:28
If you don't mind the stress of standby travel and constant jet lag you could probably get back to France every month, but some months it would only be for 24 or 36 hours. Almost certainly you will never get home for 10 days at a time unless you have leave. As we can only bid for 4 blocks of leave over the whole year it really doesn't look too good.

Finally, have you considered the cost of 3 or 4 id90s every month out of your fairly meagre F/O's salary.

As far as Emirates goes I'd say if you aren't prepared to bring your family with you, don't come.

V/S
30th Dec 2005, 17:44
Diabolo,

Congratulations!!

templefork
1st Jan 2006, 09:14
If you hate your wife and family come to EK and commute!