PDA

View Full Version : Mystery medium/large turboprop seen approaching Blackpool or BAe Warton.

Pontious
27th Dec 2005, 00:17
Hi Guys and Seasonal Greetings,

Was just getting in the car at about 2125 tonight and a mystery medium/large turboprop flew over heading towards Blackpool and BAe Warton. It got my attention because Blackpool usually closes at 2100 and Warton is usually closed at weekends & public holidays.

Any spotters out there that can satisfy my curiosity?

Cheers in advance.

Ponsh

:ok:

Fried_Chicken
27th Dec 2005, 16:37
There have been a number of Saudi AF C130s in & out of Warton recently, possibly one of these?

FC

Pontious
29th Dec 2005, 22:35
Thanks for that. Another one was going in tonight at about 2200. How sure are you that it was a Herc' because it didn't sound like one.?

McFunkletrumpet
30th Dec 2005, 15:18
Looked out of my window a couple of hours ago in time to spot
Air Atlantique Electra heading towards the Fylde coast. Height was "probably" less than 250 feet but it was flying the coastline so no probs. lucky s*ds.
Could it have been an Electra? Do they do protection flyings as well as the Daks?

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
30th Dec 2005, 15:46
Only daytime flight on Atlantic that I can see today on that size of a/c is a ferry from Coventry to Liverpool. Left Coventry at 12.12 reaching FL 120.

Atlantic Airlines fly the Electras, Atlantique fly the DC3s and DC6s.

As far as I know, the Electras can be fitted with sprays, and the Daks can manage a poppy drop every year.

McFunkletrumpet
2nd Jan 2006, 18:39
AWR
That was probably it. I'm only 9 miles north of JLA, on the coast.
Cheers