PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone

holdoutside
12th Jul 1999, 23:44
Well how many near misses did we have on the Grand Pricks day 11th July. Would the Press have a field day or what!. All those fare paying passengers racing around Silverstone's other circuit!. So what happens lets close down Silver and Gold gates because we have an Easterly, therfore can we assume that if we get a Westerly gates 13& 14 will be shut to the single engine heli but left to the twins with their amazing performance to climb out fully loaded without the worry of one side going quiet. What about following a fully loaded Enstrom GT? if it was to be used as the pace car we would all fly at the correct speed in the hold. This for me was year 9 at the shuttle and I must say the afternoon hold was the worst I have seen. Well must get back to cooking the tech log...!

PurplePitot
13th Jul 1999, 00:15
I could not agree more, what a shambles. What clown decided to have a left hand hold for West point cunningly designed so that no pilot could see as he turned! This was compounded by having the left hand hold outside the TRA too close to West point which lead to opposing traffic flow as the holds inevitably grew in to bomber circuits. Wonderful !!!

Did anybody else enjoy trying to load their passengers at Libra park after the race? I was told I could not duck under the wire and walk my passengers 5 feet to the aircraft but instead I had to go around to terminal 5 and walk my passengers past numerous aircraft tail rotors, all of which were burning and turning. Super!!!

Comments invited – This could get lively

PurplePitot
13th Jul 1999, 00:15
I could not agree more, what a shambles. What clown decided to have a left hand hold for West point cunningly designed so that no pilot could see as he turned! This was compounded by having the left hand hold outside the TRA too close to West point which led to opposing traffic flow as the holds inevitably grew in to bomber circuits. Wonderful !!!

Did anybody else enjoy trying to load their passengers at Libra park after the race? I was told I could not duck under the wire and walk my passengers 5 feet to the aircraft but instead I had to go around to terminal 5 and walk my passengers past numerous aircraft tail rotors, all of which were burning and turning. Super!!!

Comments invited – This could get lively

[This message has been edited by PurplePitot (edited 12 July 1999).]

Chip Lite
13th Jul 1999, 02:18
Did it once, I enjoyed it! I was young single and naive! Everybody knows it's an accident waiting to happen. We're only suprised it hasn't so far!!!

But the CAA as usual are more interested if you have a set of bathroom scales for pax wt's!!!

If the public only knew about half the truth of helo' flying in this country, they'd be horrified, but that's another story which I look forward to debating!!

PVR
13th Jul 1999, 22:16
!

[This message has been edited by PVR (edited 18 January 2000).]

Beefer
16th Jul 1999, 23:26
Silverstone, what an interesting experience! Can you image a programme like the Harding programme about Silverstone!
Every year the same comments are made but nothing gets done. Is it commercial pressure or are we just tired of banging our heads against a brick wall?
I agree about the holds. Why don't the organisers use ground markers for the holds? Especially seeing as they are making are like misery with left hand holds for single pilot ops.
This year saw new highlights. Anyone there on Saturaday will have probably experienced the poor service provided by the refuellers and the departure on Sunday reached new all time chaos. After finally loading my passengers after the farce in Libra, it took me 30 minutes to get a start and departure clearance from ground who I feel totally lost control. What can we do? We'll all probably be back next year or will be learning new experiences at Brands Hatch.

Stinger
21st Jul 1999, 01:39
Some, a few, interesting points raised, although as mentioned some are annual repeats.
It is unfortunate that any postings on PPRuNe are anonymous and consequently likely to be ignored by anyone with any influence on future arrangements.
It is to be hoped that anyone who has identified deficiencies in the Silverstone organisation, planning or pilot proficiency(!!) will pass these on to the BHAB for discussion and subsequent representation on our behalf to the Silverstone organisation.

------------------
[email protected]

Floppy Link
30th Sep 1999, 02:49
Thu30Sep
Airshow BBC2

will have a bit about S'stone. The line of aircraft on approach shown on the trailer looked "interesting"

ps 11July I was p*****d at a mate's wedding
probably a wise move...

[This message has been edited by Floppy Link (edited 29 September 1999).]