PDA

View Full Version : Fisantekraal to be upgraded

glimmerman_alpha
26th Dec 2005, 08:23
Heard lately that Fisantekraal will be developed by a private developer in 2006. Plans include extension of runway, asphalt of runway & taxi ways, private hangar facilities and training facilities.

Keeping in mind that the new Ernie Else signature Golf Course which will be developed in early 2007 just 10km away from there.

Finally we can get a proper training airport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:ok:

MysticFlyer
26th Dec 2005, 08:49
Poor golfers........imagine shouting FOUR! IN the bar too, after a hectic day on the fairway...

Broadcast your intensions on Cape Town Special Golf Rulz East Area, on 125.8.

Four vark-steaks, pleezeee!!!!!!!!!

Who Else is involved? :E

B Sousa
26th Dec 2005, 10:47
Finally we can get a proper training airport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G.A. take a look at what you just posted.......
Private developer..........
Ernie Els Golf Course nearby.......
Maybe evn a restricted Runway for Prior Permission only.
In the real world that translates to high rental fees and No Training as the Jet-setters want nothing to do with the rest of us low lifes.....
Dig a little deeper and see what you come up with.

If it were in the states, the only saving grace would be that if it were a Public Owned Airport. I dont know how it works in SA, but you can bet your boots that if a developer sticks money in there, he has CONTROL of his toys and has a string around the nuts of anyone who may give him heartburn.

Solid Rust Twotter
26th Dec 2005, 11:31
Got to agree with Bert. Any developer will want a return on his investment, thus I foresee the introduction of fees that'll make your eyes bleed to keep the riff-raff out.:(

glimmerman_alpha
26th Dec 2005, 13:37
Currently there are only small aircraft for training purposes. As the developer is a student, I'm sure he will keep reasonable fee's in mind....but only time will tell. Just glad we are getting a proper airport somewhere else than FACT.

We shall wait and see....:}

Gunship
26th Dec 2005, 13:41
Many moons ago there was rumours of a fly-in and house set-up at FisanteKraal ... any news on that or is there really space for that (a-la- John Travolta style housing and airport) ?

Cheers

Gunss

B Sousa
26th Dec 2005, 13:43
I'm sure he will keep reasonable fee's in mind....but only time will tell

Good Luck on that one....Even Guns will tell you Im not Mr Positive. Specially where Development and Money is involved. They have a tendancy to go for the profit side versus loss, keeps them paying Green Fees with Ernie. Dont think I will be sharing a Tee time with him. Rather play with Simon Hobday anyway. Hes more of a Castles kinda guy.
As you say though, time will tell........

MysticFlyer
26th Dec 2005, 13:43
As the developer is a student, I'm sure he will keep reasonable fee's in mind....

Golfer, pilot, developer......?

Anyway....... FOUR!

Spetsnaz
26th Dec 2005, 18:36
I assume it is privately owned now? Anyone know who is selling/sold the damned thing? I've always thought it was too far away from civilisation to be viable. Now if Ysterplaat were relinquished by the airforce ... !

Sultan Ismail
27th Dec 2005, 05:44
Fisantekraal

Now that brings back memories, it was an active field in the '70's with 2 runways (make that 4 for the pedantic) and a neat A-frame clubhouse, particularly remember the official opening of that.

I regularly flew a PA28-235 ZS-DVG from there to Beaufort West and De Aar, it had the fixed pitch cruise prop, long on takeoff but very long on legs.

Pleased to hear it's getting a new lease of life from who Els :D

MysticFlyer
27th Dec 2005, 14:11
Somehow one thinks that a name change would not be to:

Peasant Meadows

:p One would be pheasantly surprised in that event.:rolleyes:

Spetsnaz
27th Dec 2005, 14:39
I think Cryptic Flyer is refering to the terrible pong eminating from the nearby chicken farm!
Gives a new meaning to 'downwind'.

Goldfish Jack
28th Dec 2005, 08:05
Over the years there have been many attempts to upgrade that airfield and no doubt there will be many more.......

Firstly to attract that sort of business for a fancy golf course, you are going to need many more things than a runway - an FBO, fuel, customs, immigration, car hire, catering, aircraft cleaners, etc etc etc etc. instrument approaches etc etc

It is much easier for corporate operators to come to FACT where all those things are in place.

It might be fine to upgrade it for training and light/medium VFR twins, but that is about where it will stop - might take some training traffic away from FACT and that could be a good thing for those desperate to train, but you will have to have instrument approaches for it to be really viable, otherwise they will still have to train at FACT.

Sounds a good idea but realistically............lets be honest..........

MysticFlyer
28th Dec 2005, 08:46
Cryptic Flyer, no Spetnaz, don't call up that one again...:ooh:

Only yesterday Solly got flatplate lift and morphed ostrich feathers ideas into his head. He was thinking of scaring the neighbour's with his rendition of a flying ostrich in a coffin, after 126,7 leaked the lawnmower prototype footage.:eek:

Somehow that baby just wouldn't get of the ground and that idea is now as dead as a dodo!

MF
Ps. I bet the chickens watched the prop-strike happenings, and got scared sh1tless by it....them being denied the freedom of the air......:hmm: Revenge is sweet.....like a Nandoes the next morning!