PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Ethiopian Airlines

I.R.PIRATE
26th Dec 2005, 06:37
I would like to sincerely thank Ethiopian Airlines for a few things.

1. Thanks for the smallest seat I have ever had to cram my 6ft 4 frame into.

2. Thanks for the chicken bone you graciously shared with me for dinner.

3. Thanks for knowing how to operate the temperature control knob.

4. Thanks for the sweat equivalent of ten games of squash.

5. Thanks for hiring english competant cabin crew who can understand statements such as, " help me I'm dying of the heat."

6. Thanks for calling the flight 1:30 before boarding time, and then keeping us enclosed in the departure room.

7. Thanks for sharing a kiddies movie with us on your single little tv screen.

8. Thanks for losing my luggage. Bi-aaatches

But to end it all off, THANKS FOR TAKING OVER THE TITLE OF THE ******* AIRLINE IN AFRICA. I HATED HAVING TO TELL EVERYONE THAT MY OWN COUNTRY'S AIRLINE WAS THE WORST I'VE EVER BEEN ON.

SAA WILL THANK YOU TOO.......

Solid Rust Twotter
26th Dec 2005, 08:09
So, what are you saying?

Don't be so subtle, just get it off your chest...:E :ok:

mattman
26th Dec 2005, 08:13
Bad Flight???????
He he he!!!!:}

MysticFlyer
26th Dec 2005, 08:14
Yes, in doing so, just try to fit in man! Stop undermining.....Short-@ss!:E :ok:

Gouabafla
26th Dec 2005, 12:59
Funny that. I reckon that Ethiopian and Kenyan are by far the best airlines I've flown for inter-Africa flights.

Much better than the late and unlamented Air Afrique.

Gunship
26th Dec 2005, 13:28
Strange that my big boep 5vt 10 fits well ...

Must admit ET has always been my third best in Africa ..

Sowwy IRP ... I can feel the pain mate :E

captain cumulonimbus
26th Dec 2005, 15:17
what aerrie was it,763 or 737? all pretty new i believe.they operate one of the youngest fleets in africa.

I.R.PIRATE
26th Dec 2005, 16:19
Well out of JNB they used an old 757-200, and then a from Addis it was a 737-700 I believe. Im sure they are not always that bad, just needed to get it out.....:ok:

As for KQ, they rate top of my list of African airlines, only had very pleasant experiences. Keep up the excellent work boys!!;)

captain cumulonimbus
26th Dec 2005, 19:56
Well i must agree KQ is a fine airline,having travelled as pax with them using NBO as a transit stop on a number of occasions.

Only complaints are:
1/they seldom seem to run on time out of JNB meaning one has a serious rush into and out of the terminal at nairobi and then another mad rush around the open tarmac looking for the right aircraft.

2/their 763s are not really up to the most modern standards for long haul flights like NBO-BKK-HKG as there is ZERO,and i mean ZERO,entertainment on board,not even headphones.Perhaps it was the individual 763 i went on (ex Korean reg).

3/Most disturbing was that prior to the 9hr overwater haul back to NBO my seat and the one adjacent had no stowed lifevest.Its just lucky i checked before t/o.A very courteous FA did however find a vest as soon as i brought it to his attention.

overall a very friendly airline though:ok:

Kenuck
28th Dec 2005, 12:38
2/their 763s are not really up to the most modern standards for long haul flights like NBO-BKK-HKG as there is ZERO,and i mean ZERO,entertainment on board,not even headphones.Perhaps it was the individual 763 i went on (ex Korean reg).

Yeah, we have 2 763s that are quite old. That's what happens when senior management just looks at the bottom line of a lease agreement in spite of flight ops and engineering telling 'em that it's not a good deal - Regs 5Y-KQP and 5Y-KQR. The other 3 are only a couple of years old and are in superb condition with PTVs on all seat etc.

captain cumulonimbus
28th Dec 2005, 22:13
Yeah i think it was -KQP i went on,both ways.The 737-700s are in great nick to be fair.Very pleasant and a world of difference from their 737-300s.

As an aside,does anyone know when ethiopian are taking delivery of their first 787? i believe they are the launch customer.

Gouabafla
29th Dec 2005, 13:45
Just discovered that I'm flying LHR to Addis with Ethiopian early in February. So far I've only flown with them East-West across Africa.

Will be interesting to see their intercontinental set up. More to the point, will be good to get myself outside of some more injera and watt!

arrow208
29th Dec 2005, 14:11
Flown with ET a few times, JHB-ADD-KRT, everything on teh 737-700. And no complains, besides the bread we got at 2 in the morning which was made a few days earlier, and with the person (giant) next to me taking up most of my seat as well! But that all was quickly forgotten as we polished the driking trolley!! Keep up the stock!

Captain C, they only take delivery of their new 787's in 2008!

Cheers
A

AF022
5th Jan 2006, 11:37
Just discovered that I'm flying LHR to Addis with Ethiopian early in February. So far I've only flown with them East-West across Africa.

Will be interesting to see their intercontinental set up. More to the point, will be good to get myself outside of some more injera and watt!

I'm sorry to tell you this, but Ethiopian uses old 757s on this route. You should try to switch to depart from FRA instead, where new 763s are used.

Barcli
8th Jan 2006, 13:57
or fly LHR-ADD with BMED in nice new A320

JanetFlight
9th Jan 2006, 03:01
Flew with Ethiopian once...Loved it:D

RICCARDOVOLANTE
9th Jan 2006, 10:40
Hey next time try the "Flying Camel"of the Bongo Bongo Airline.Excellent seats and wonderfull food ,with the famous courtesy of "Allecu u Salame"Catering Service.
Sincerely
Riccardo Volante

MysticFlyer
9th Jan 2006, 11:36
Ciao Riccardo!

I see today marks the death of Umberto I (The Good), House of Savoy.
In SA we had a leader too, but he was first shot, and then stabbed by another guy, who they now praise.

Of this leader it was also said that he was "Good", really looking after all the people, the best possible way. Free schooling, name it, he they were uneducated mineworkers working for rich conglomerates, and they didn't even care for their own employees. Demoralised, desensitized and even forced to speak a language called Funigalo! All this, lured by money and riches! Can you believe it?!

Now of this "good" man is also said, after he is dead, that he was the creator of evil (A type of appartheid)! Imagine that!

Tell us a bit more about aviation or even the case of P2 or known commonly as the Italian freemason lodge, Propaganda Due, and how this is viewed by the peasants these days?

Isn't there a law forbidding you to become member of parliament if you have membership of what?

Olaf Palme, yes his murder was never solved. One note apparantly stated to someone in the Reagan-Bush campaign about woodchopping, probably about illegal forestry activities. But hey, what do I know?

All of the best! I think Ethiopian Airlines is really not bad.

MF

I.R.PIRATE
10th Jan 2006, 05:12
Well they will have a chance to fix their tainted reputation at the end of this month, when I will fly with them on two routes again.....

bloody return tickets..........

ou Trek dronkie
10th Jan 2006, 08:29
Wow !!

That must feel a lot better now! :ok: :ok:

Ciao da oTd