PDA

View Full Version : UAAA / Almaty info required

His dudeness
25th Dec 2005, 17:14
mid january IŽll fly to UAAA - for the first time...any tips / info what to be careful about?

SpokoKolo
25th Dec 2005, 20:51
Nothing to worry about, use local handling agent, they are pretty good.

SpokoKolo

VP8
26th Dec 2005, 06:17
We use ALA regularly no probs there our contact #'s

ALMATY GROUND HANDLING
PH +73007550776/24HRS OPS
FAX +73272 572233
SITA ALALM7X / LV7X
AFTN UAAAAPBF
E-MAIL [email protected]

VEEPS:ok:

His dudeness
26th Dec 2005, 09:57
Thanks guys...
hd

Aslak
27th Dec 2005, 06:51
We use Berkut Air Services.
They work all over Kazakstan really well.

Almaty is a beautiful place if the weather is nice. Big mountains next to the city.

Two good hotels, at least, Hotel Regent Ankara and Hyatt.

Prices in hotels are like anywhere else, but if you go outside it gets really cheap.

Have fun!

His dudeness
27th Dec 2005, 08:23
IŽll give ops the news, thanks aslak.

I have an 2004 ac-u-kwik as sole reference at home, hence my (maybe dumb) question: IF we need to refuel enroute (will enter via fuelstop in Ukraine), do we still need a kasak navigator to truck on to Almaty ? Which place roughly in the middle could you recommend for a "quick" fuelstop ? (we will be a bit on the edge rangewise and I donŽt wanna be cought in a fueltrap)

Dutchman
27th Dec 2005, 12:50
Ok here are some tips, fly in and out of there nearly every month. Leaving for a tour of duty of 2 weeks out of Kazhakstan tomorrow. Yeh and new year in Almaty:((
Get ready to answer the questions by ATC (Almaty control) on what your mininums are, Alternate and fuel remaining. Also be prepaired for a QNH or QFE approach in meters your choice and prefference.
Gerenally good handeling form Berkuit and catering excellent. Almaty really nice city near mountains. If time go up to Medus(skate rink) or skiing higer up the mountain. We stay in hotel Kazhakstan ok and cheep but better is the Hotel Regent Ankara relly nice but pricy

His dudeness
27th Dec 2005, 18:04
Bedankt, Dutchman !

Dutchman
11th Jan 2006, 20:58
Also don't forget too take a very warm coat with you just flew out of Astana where it was a amazing -42 d with blowing snow. Any volunteers to do a walkaround. Almaty now -20

His dudeness
12th Jan 2006, 18:29
Dutchman, just came back...
Trip was EDDS-UKCC-UARR-UAAA-N/S-UASK-N/S-UACC-UKCC-EDDS.
Warm coat, long underwear, etc was indeed necessary...Had a sleeping bag with me, which turned out to be very helpful as the heating in the Hotel at Ust-Kamengorsk went bust.

Aslak: stayed in the Ankara - was very good advice.

Berkuts service was okay.

Thanks again.