PDA

View Full Version : End of Channel?

woptb
25th Dec 2005, 01:54
A big announcement is to be made on the 3rd of January. Is the Channel name about to die & will the whole shooting match be henceforth Jet 2 only?

Grond
25th Dec 2005, 23:26
You've got it in one. Farewell Channel Express.

Black Knat
27th Dec 2005, 15:37
I expect they are going to announce the retirement of the F27's in 2008, or even the Electras??!!

Cee of Gee
28th Dec 2005, 18:26
Great shame. It'll be odd not seeing the familiar green tail & logo around the night freight ramps.

Sounds like a good excuse for a get together with a beer or two! Has anyone made any plans for one yet?

Cheers to all my ex-crews. Hope you have a good one in 06.

Heffer
28th Dec 2005, 19:58
So is titan buying out channex on their royal mail aircraft and routes? :eek:

bartelby
29th Dec 2005, 17:28
Heffer

Royal mail aircraft are quick change so usually operate for Jet2 / Globespan or charter during day. The skynet contract is a long one so brinigng in good income would be very unlikely Jet2 would let it go.

Bartelby

ALLDAYDELI
3rd Jan 2006, 16:06
3rd Jan today, no announcements as yet??

Ivan aromer
5th Jan 2006, 09:19
Yes as of the 3rd Jan Channel Express has had the name changed to Jet2.com
all other aspect have not changed.
For Sale:
Several tons of Channex headed paper, uniforms and miscellaneous STR Channel Express items!!

jethro15
5th Jan 2006, 21:24
Yes as of the 3rd Jan Channel Express has had the name changed to Jet2.com
Is there an official press release available regarding this?

Bof
6th Jan 2006, 19:17
Not really any point in keeping the name Channel Express. They had no aircraft!! Well, I supose nominally a couple of 73s - the rest being Jet 2. Dart Group still remains, named after the Dart engine fitted to the first couple of Heralds with which Channel started. Fowler Welch-Coolchain (the distribution company) continues to do well, and I wonder where the doom and gloom merchants are now hiding. Remember the posts of earlier in 2005 -Finished by the end of the year etc! I know where I'm keeping my money.

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
6th Jan 2006, 19:30
What about Parts Trading?

And the Channel website still seems to be active.

jethro15
6th Jan 2006, 20:52
Dart Group website now updated

http://www.dartgroup.co.uk

http://www.dartgroup.co.uk/history.html

loadyboy
8th Jan 2006, 20:33
Back to the main question asked by C of G, are there any plans for a get together for drinks. Seems like the perfect excuse to get all together for one last time.

freightdoggy dog
9th Jan 2006, 14:17
:ok: Toooooooooooo Right, Partytime.

Scudz monster needs cheering up BIG time. Theres' a certain ex lap dancer at Jet2 who will strip for you if its your birtday, eh Hogman! Shame your pole was so small, never mind, at least you have 18 stone to ram it in:eek:

Guess I can get Pikey,Squeaky and Shuperstar to come to Stan and Teds, seeing that is where most of the escape commitee is now working with Fatboy Slims outfit.

PS Strach called me today and hes' deffo going to be a lumberjack;) perhaps he should apply for the g*yboy loaders position @12k?

wideloader
11th Jan 2006, 10:05
so does that mean you are out of a job freight doggy dog
or is the skirt waiting at jet 2 for you
tea or coffee sir

Tad
13th Jan 2006, 17:08
Sorry to hear about the Airbus been sold,had a great 4yrs on it,look's like I got out just in time (10mths early) wish all the boys the very best in the future,the best bunch off guy's I have ever worked with,I hope there will be a get together like there was when they retired the Electra fleet.

jethro15
13th Jan 2006, 19:48
Is GCEXI the only Airbus remaining now?

UPSAirOps
13th Jan 2006, 23:48
There's one, I believe, serving a CGN-BGY route for UPS...possibly XI but I can't confirm.

Ivan aromer
14th Jan 2006, 09:52
Yes XI is the only remaining A300B4 with channex. It will cease ops with UPS in early Feb 2006.

Shuperstar Loadie
14th Jan 2006, 19:21
Doggy have you not got 17 stone to knock it in with??????
Got to go and get fitted for my skirt and get me pay rise to 12K!!!!

freightdoggy dog
16th Jan 2006, 14:46
Wideloader,

yeah got a new job at Jet2.com just like my old one but less money (howd that happen?), and please, its Yorkshire Tea from now on

Shuperstar, you are a great teacher when it comes to married women, I learn very quickly, I too have 2 mobile phones, 1 for work and 1 for skirt. Apparently wants a smooth loady, who am I to refuse?

P.S Will your skirt be tartan with a dead badger or pink and fluffy just like an angel :ok: Also heard your new title is BOSS HOGG:ok:

P.P.S S says do u want you to lose your teeth:p

P.P.P,S Why did you let D model his xmas biscuits on your appendage, one nibble and it was all gone:eek:

Tell Becks in LPL I am only interested in her body, if she wants to talk a moan and groan will do:mad:

Shuperstar Loadie
16th Jan 2006, 18:04
What can I say doggy?????.......... when your an icon like me!!!!!!

Angels are very nice at BOH! Becky will only speak to you when you get to my weight!!
Have a nice trip to cold and snowy land!

Cee of Gee
16th Jan 2006, 19:46
F DOGGY D,
where's the party. Can I get an invite?

freightdoggy dog
18th Jan 2006, 19:48
The Old Bell, maybe C of G?

Boss Hogg, my punishment will be a kick in the slats:\ . I am looking forward to that, just as you are looking forward to that huge pay rise, NOT!

As for the Northern Tw*t, the luved up one further north of the border, says it's go go Power Rangers. We all know some tw*ts like to pass themeselves off as a CHUT, but NEY, if you FERRET around at the top of the christmas tree you will find their true vaction in life. So its OVER to you RON!!:eek:

CR2
19th Jan 2006, 23:55
Don't tell me thats the Old Bell STN (Bishop's Stordford??). Popped in there about 10ish years ago. Hilton got kind of boring.
Seem to remember the taxi cost 10 quid. Ho Hum.

freightdoggy dog
20th Jan 2006, 19:23
Thats the one CR2,
now run by a female yarpie who is an absolute hoot when shes' been on the mothers' ruin. Gives the chunkey monkey barman a real load of abuse, serves him right cos hes' ex Hilton Hotel!!! Great selection of real ales and stonking live bands on a Saturday nite.
Most crews are now shacked up in the IKEA showroom, A.K.A SAS Radisson at the Airport, theres a good little pub just behind the Car Hire carpark if you are prepared to go cross country! Saw Gary Numan in there during the summer with his missus!

Shuperstar Loadie
23rd Jan 2006, 17:59
I even hear that the old bell does pies so FDD can get up to my icon shaggin weight!

Can the last loadie please turn out the lights and hand the keys in Cheers!!!!

SL:ok:

Rhoda Horswunce
24th Jan 2006, 06:56
Well, well, well!

If it aint me old mates fdd and Shups! I've ridden many a courier area and a Holiday Grim reception area with yaselves and you didn't even have the decency to invite me to the Old Bell personally! :8 Here's my pic (just remove the glasses!) if you don't remember me!!

Of course, it woud've been better if we'd ridden many a courier and dispensed with the area!! :eek:

Happy middle of the new year guys and all the best with your new old positions in Jet2.

Did my mate Rosie keep her job guys???

freightdoggy dog
25th Jan 2006, 08:09
Rhoda, me old mucker,

the loadies look up to you, for we are not worthy!

I spoke to C of Gee yesterday and we are trying to sort out a do at the Old Bell very soon and you are of course invited! Shuperstar bring the Pukka pies!!

I personally rode many a courier seat across Europe and the Middle East, but normally fast asleep! Come to think of it, I have riden many a female courier and fallen fast asleep!!!!As for the Holiday Grim,well I have one last weekend coming up with Janni and co, so just might paint the town red, in a Pascha Pink kind of way?

As for R, shes fine, currently in Frankfurt do'in her course for the B747-400, so she be back in the fold very soon so to speak, and flying with some of the escape commitee loadies at Wickes very soon.

P.S,Mr Hurdy, can you please keep Colin away from the Bingo Bongos when you go on Safari down in SA, as he,ll only go blind.

Top Loadie
26th Jan 2006, 15:01
I can confirm that Loadie/Hostie 2 and 3 are now bushwhacking in the African Forum. I handed over the keys to the Daktari Waggon on Tuesday.
Medecins Sans Frontieres have stopped going to the Irish Bar in the Southern Sun Hotel after drinking with Loadie/Hostie 1, 2 and 3, and decided it was safer to go to the war zone in Mozambique.
The lads were planning on going to the A1GP on Sat/Sun, you might see them on tv. Last I heard, something was going down with Team France, Team Germany and 2 "liberated" parking meters.
So, Old Bell is it? I think they've got a coat hook sturdy enough for Cee Of Gee's shiny coat.

Rhoda Horswunce
26th Jan 2006, 18:10
fdd bud!

Thanks for the invite [under pressure! ;-)] and if I'm back in the country I'd love to attend! Of course, everyone else in those war-torn countries and the like've got it easy compared with the rest of us in Europe! - They don't have to put up with lousy weather, do they!!?? ;-)

Pass on my best to R and tell her good luck with the course!

Best regards to all of you dudes!! That includes those who've moved on as surveyor-types!! You know who I mean!! ;-)

Rhoda

antonovman
26th Jan 2006, 21:11
whatever happened to channels inter island stuff ?
the newspaper and flower stuff from BOH to JER and GCI
Is all that over now ?

Cee of Gee
4th Feb 2006, 09:13
C of G last seen at STN rollin' around on the Alphas trying to mess up shiny coat!

What about the slaphead - far more shiny than the coat?;)

Top Loadie - Just recieved the latest (holiday!) photos from the perve!

antonovman - BOH to JER & GCI flights being done by Emerald and Air Contractors at mo.

Rhoda PM me.:confused:

Check out mugshots on Jet Blast. Come on Loadies, let's see some of
your printable(!) photos.

Cheers all

Top Loadie
6th Feb 2006, 10:29
I've heard the stories, now I've seen the pics.
Looks like Scott's wearing the old Electra cargo door harness.....can't afford a proper one? You cheap old git!
:ok:

6076FtHigh
6th Feb 2006, 20:32
Hey C0fG

Check out mugshots on Jet Blast. Come on Loadies, let's see some of
your printable(!) photos.

Where are these mugshots?
Any F27 piccies?:rolleyes: Awesome times:ok:

S.C.

Shuperstar Loadie
7th Feb 2006, 20:47
Cee of Gee- nice to see you on the ramp at STN last week! Boy that coat is shiney!!!!
FDD has got some great pics to put on here but our man at Menzies and the Scuddmeister might not like them!!!
Any other pics of Pashas or the Nurbergring anyone!!!!!;)

FDD see you Fri for a morning with a lurvelly trainer from LBA!!!!

CR2
8th Feb 2006, 05:58
Ahem,
I thought the subject was Channel. Would you do the rest by email please.
Ta...

Cee of Gee
10th Feb 2006, 11:02
Has the last 'bus finished hauling boxes yet?

The dogg tells me it's going back to Stan & Teds not BOH -No ceremony then I guess.

FDD, check your PM.

C o' G

Top Loadie
10th Feb 2006, 11:24
Saw the bus parked on A3 last night at Stan's

Cee of Gee
10th Feb 2006, 15:03
TL, makes sense, I think TNT were going to use it for it's last days. (Well - nights!):cool:

mjudk
12th Feb 2006, 15:41
XI is back in BOH now. I took it in early Saturday to a huge farewell reception. Actually, abandoned on the disused, in the dark. The last one out _did_ switch off the lights. Circusair could not be bothered to bring any steps or transport so we scrambled out of the avionics bay and legged it across the grass and tarmac. A sad end.:sad:

Cee of Gee
12th Feb 2006, 17:47
mjudk,
cheers for the info.
At least we had a good time while it lasted.
The circus 'reception committee' at BOH obviously didn't change a habit of their lifetime!
All the best.
C o' G

stans home
12th Feb 2006, 18:30
any of you guys no of any jobs keep us informed please, unemployed loadie stn............. thanks

Shuperstar Loadie
12th Feb 2006, 18:35
Stan job as a loadie at STN 12K and you get to wear a skirt!!!!

Be nice to the office staff though coz you have to send them flowers when you upset them eh FDD!!!!:yuk:

itsinthebox
12th Feb 2006, 19:41
FDD upset anyone, no never! His people skills leave little to be desired, shame he looked after himself, instead of the boys!

stans home
13th Feb 2006, 22:32
shuperstar loadie, jobs gone and 12k bit poor really

freightdoggy dog
20th Feb 2006, 14:06
Hey,

C of Gee, posted some pics of 285f wheels up on JetBlast. I've got some of you at Pachas' somwhere in the old removal boxes. Taxi anyone !!!

PS email me at my hotmail address the PM aint working!

antonovman
12th Mar 2006, 19:35
what has happened to the loadies from channel ?
have you stopped hauling freight altogether or still doing stuff on the 737 ?
if so are yoi all LBA based now ?
I worked for Channel a few years ago on the L188 with paul,mark,paul,andy and others, the names i cant remember, it was before the A300 days

freightdoggy dog
15th Mar 2006, 15:45
Hey Antonovman,

long time no see, we last met in LUX when you were trying to sober up a 124 Captain.

Only 2 loadies left mate doing B737 stuff, and 2 cabin boys who like to be called Roger the boy:eek:

Oh and the p*rnstar Stansathome who is freelancing and chops down trees when hes not up north

Mark he's now in a hangar refurbing pax seats for Jet2, Tony he's up at EMA throwing bags for Menzies, Paul B was killed on the A14 by a lorry as he changed a tyre, and moi has taken the kings shilling and is moving up north to Leeds with Super*loadie and M to have a right rivetting time?:ok: