PDA

View Full Version : Karibu Airways

lone Falcon
24th Dec 2005, 16:47
New airline starting up In Tanzania !

Based in Dar-es-salaam, they are looking for crew on the 737-200

Operations were to begin early September, latest news ops to begin Mid January.

For those interested with 737-200 ratings take home for F/O is around US$2200 paid in Tshs

www.karibuairways.aero

bafanguy
24th Dec 2005, 17:45
All the license and medical requirements are FAA. Why would that be ?

Cessnafan
24th Dec 2005, 19:17
$2200, thats a joke right? Seriously?

bafanguy
24th Dec 2005, 19:28
Cessnafan,

Well, can't say I'm all that surprised at the pay scale if accurately quoted.

The website says you must apply online, but gives no way to do it that I can find. I admit to almost complete computer ignorance, but I can usually find stuff like that. What am I overlooking ?

MysticFlyer
26th Dec 2005, 08:31
Their website is misleading....they clearly show ZEBRA frolicking (cavorting) ! :E

And time follows.......freaky!:eek:

lone Falcon
26th Dec 2005, 12:26
Guys !

Some more info on this so called WELCOME airline !:} .

Being Based in Tanzania one would automatically assume the aircraft will be registered in TZ, which infact they are.
1) 5H-KRA
2) 5H-KRB

Now as far as Licensing is concerned you must have a Tanzanian License to fly these machines.

The website is absolute b:mad: ****. they are advertising to start flights to PARIS, where as they still dont have aircraft in DAR yet.

Also news from some reliable sources............

One of their 732 is sitting in ADDIS supoosedly undergoing a D check for the past 4 months.

The money for some veird reason is what was quoted earlier, now that is no joke, coz even the national carrier ATCL with their southern partners pay about the same to Pilots in DAR.

Fact is CARAVAN drivers take home much more than that.

Anyway for those of you willing to dive into it, you can contact the CEO through this, as he is the whole and sole and Soul of the company

+255748888253 personal cell no

FAX +255222866888/6333

email : [email protected]

They are desperate for Captains, even though they have no aircraft yet

Goodluck guys
:ok: