PDA

View Full Version : Lagos New Domestic Terminal, Status??

Rani
24th Dec 2005, 13:51
Hello everyone,
Has anyone got an idea of the actual status of the new domestic terminal in lagos?
The owners said the target completion date is around Feb 2006…With the construction cranes still moving hollow block around, I doubt this will be possible?
Also, I was curious to know why the design (if any!!!) of an infrastructural project of this significance remains a concealed mystery with no public input whatsoever! Granted,
it's a BOT arrangement between FGN and Bi-Courtney but why is the public, even the media, kept out of the loop?:confused:

surely not
24th Dec 2005, 16:02
The even bigger question in my mind is why it was built so far away from the International Terminal!!!

Rani
24th Dec 2005, 17:07
Good question SN!! Although I was hoping to get some answers instead of more questions!
An ideal site for the new terminal would have been the area between the cargo ramp and the existing international terminal. This zone could have easily absorbed 30 parked aircraft of A320-size and the proximity to the international terminal would have promoted the hub concept.

Whoever came up with the statement "Nigeria defies all logic" deserves a Nobel prize!