PDA

View Full Version : British European Confirms New Routes

Hudson Bay
21st Sep 2001, 12:15
It is confirmed with immediate effect that British European will operate the Belfast to Newcastle service following the sad news that Gill will no longer be operating the route.

British European will honour all Gill Airways paperwork for tickets issued from 1130 today, 20th September, through to and including Sunday 23rd September 2001.

Further information will be communicated as soon as possible.

derbyram
21st Sep 2001, 12:21
Hudson, just a quick correction...that should read That British European will honour Gill tickets issued BEFORE 1130 , 20Sept, for travel upto 23rd Sept.
rgds

LabyrinthMan
21st Sep 2001, 15:37
How does an airline come up with 2 aircraft overnight? Are they so inefficient that they had two aircraft not operating? Or have they reduced frequency elsewhere? :confused:

BavarianBoy
21st Sep 2001, 16:05
Sorry to hear the news of Gill Airways, did the bankers get nervous or is there another reason?
As is so often the case in our industry, one carriers bad news can be the saving grace of another so good luck to British European, nice to see a positive and quick rwaction from the powers at Exeter. It has got to be good news for management and BE crews alike. What fleet are they using, a D-8 I guess?? Also what about NCL to CDG?? That will surely be a 146? From talking to a few ex Gill guys in my company those routes have traditionally been profitable so I am sure they will be a great help to BE in the current climate.
Good luck BE and hope all at Gill manage to find alternative employmnent.

RGDS BB

derbyram
21st Sep 2001, 23:48
For clarification, British European are using a 146 on both BHD-NCL and NCL-CDG and have further announced tonight that they are to start operating ABZ-NWI from 01 OCT using a CRJ.

U R NumberOne
22nd Sep 2001, 15:35
I've read elsewhere that BE are coming on the ABZ-NWI 8 times a day with the CRJ :eek: . On top of Eastern's flights, surely this is a bit over the top - or are the figures wrong?

Another hot rumour round our place is BE are stopping the ABZ-LCY route in October having already downgraded from a 146 to Dash 8. Anyone confirm?

Data Dad
22nd Sep 2001, 16:05
No.1 This is just BE's usual "sly" marketing... Aberdeen - London City 6 Times a day for instance which of course = 3 return flights, so Aberdeen Norwich = 4 return flights. Isn't that the same frequency as Gill were doing?

Thought the RJ's were on the way out though...

Warwick Hunt
22nd Sep 2001, 22:19
BE have been combining some flights from Gatwick to the Harbour via London City.