PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest MCC in Europe

Jimmy The Big Greek
23rd Dec 2005, 07:22
Where can I find the cheapest MCC in Europe.

geordiejet
23rd Dec 2005, 21:50
Most of them will be around the £2000 mark, unless its a 'brand name' school, or a school affiliated/friends with/in cahoots with an airline.

Jimmy The Big Greek
1st Jan 2006, 11:04
The cheapest MCC I have found is Jerez. 4000 euro. It includes accomodation and food.

But I am sure there must be some cheaper MCC coarses out there. Like turkey or slovakia. Tried google but no luck,,,,,,,

Frank Furillo
1st Jan 2006, 11:17
Why don't you try here http://www.bcft.org.uk/mcc.shtml. They cost approx 3500 Euro's, and you get to play with a Tristar. I cannot recommend them enough.
FF

Send Clowns
1st Jan 2006, 17:29
Frank

I have sort of left the company now so am not quite u-to-date, but I understand that they are doing some of them on the 747 instead of the Tristar now. Hardly a disappointment!

duir
1st Jan 2006, 19:20
I did the BCFT MCC. Not so sure about now, but when we did it the sim had a fair amount of technical issues that delayed the course significantly. As a means of rectifying this somewhat, the guys at European gave us a couple of hours in the 747 sim which was awesome. This took the form of hand flown circuits at Gatwick, so really it was an extra couple of hours jet orientation. This was on top of the standard 20 hours MCC. Then they offered us some free time to be used in the future in the 727 sim to help make up for the delays. This was unfortunately useless to me being based in Northern Scotland, but the other guys from down south were keen to use this offer for sim ride prep. BCFT offered me a refund of around £200 so in effect I had a full MCC and mini jet handling course on heavy jets for £2200, fantastic deal if ever there was one. Although the 747 sounds very appealing, I believe the Tristar was the superior platform for the course, due to the huge cockpit and well layed out panel and switches. It really is amazing just how cramped the 747-200 sim cockpit is. There were also 2 other providers of the MCC module when I was there both using the Tristar ; Multi Crew Training Ltd and EPTA.

Jimmy The Big Greek
1st Jan 2006, 20:53
I don't care if I do the MCC on a 747 or a Cessna 152.
I just want the cheapest. I think the prices are ridiculous for the MCC.
You don't need a full motion 747 simulator to train MCC concepts.
A procedural trainer or a mock-up panel on the wall would do the same.

If I want to learn how to fly jets I would go for a Jet Orientation course or better.....a typerating.

Send Clowns
1st Jan 2006, 21:02
Each to his own Jimmy. You are right that the course can be taught on a simpler machine, but I found I learnt a lot in addition to crew co-operation, and would especially have appreciated that if I had to go straight to a company sim check ride. No point in getting a type rating if you have no job to go to!

I also thoroughly enjoyed the training.

Sorry I can't help you with a cheaper course, but have you tried Google, or Flyer/Pilot/Today's Pilot/Flight Training News for adverts?

flyintheskyfr
1st Jan 2006, 22:20
I've done my MCC with Hubair in Belgium, and I have paid 2500 euros for 7 days of courses including 20 hours in the fnpt2 beech 200 simulator! Good school, nice and very professional instructors! Only 7 days, so not to much spend in accomodation! But I think that they have increased the price, now 3000 euros . http://www.hubair.net/ I'm confident with this school , that's why i'm starting a 737 type rating in 2 weeks time.

Benoit MICOLON

BillieBob
2nd Jan 2006, 22:25
I seem to recall that 'WWW' has a solution involving two broomsticks and an orange box - you two obviously have some sort of empathy. God save us all....

vikingdk
2nd Jan 2006, 23:05
check your PM flyintheskyfr

IRISHPILOT
5th Jan 2006, 16:28
2 1/2 years ago, CSA was offering the MCC on an Antonov full motion TP sim for 1000 Euros (plus 5% tax). If the sim is still operating, they may be able to help. - find the details on their TRTO on google or here.
cheers, IP

atccfi
5th Jan 2006, 20:18
Anyone know if you need to have a MCC if you have previous airline experience? Lets say you fly in the US for an airline and are doing your JAA conversion while flying for a US carrier. Will I still need to do the MCC ore is my previous experience enough? Lets say I have 1000 hrs F/O for an airline.... Thanks.

Jimmy The Big Greek
5th Jan 2006, 20:45
Thanks Irishpilot. Sounds very interesting but I could not find any trto with the name CSA. If someone has a link, please post.

jerezflyer
6th Jan 2006, 10:50
Panamedia in Palma de Mallorca do an MCC for 2400 euros - I believe it is in a king air simulator. Their website is www.panamedia.org

jerezflyer

ZFT
13th Jan 2006, 03:16
You don't need a full motion 747 simulator to train MCC concepts.
A procedural trainer or a mock-up panel on the wall would do the same.

Not quite. The device must be at least certified to FNPT II standard.

slow&low
13th Jan 2006, 17:55
Well, if CZA is Czech Airlines I gave them a call yesterday and their price is now....

...about €5000!!! on an FNTP2!!

I wish it was 1000+v.a.t!

I'm still looking around, I found a bunch of schools:

Aviatraining(Norway) had an offer going €2250, now back to 2850
Hubair (Belgium) was €2500, now €2999 (since 2006! THATS 20% MORE!!!)
Panamedia 2400
Norwegian aviation college about €3140
All on FNTP2 of various brands

Sooo...what am I doing ? Hopefully Jerez FLight Training Europe at €4000 all inclusive (food and accomodation).
Why? Just cos I calculated transport, food and accomodation (on a tight bidget!!)at the other places and figured out I'd rather spend and extra €900 and have some fun on a motion Sim, without having to organize accomodation.

...IF ONLY I COULD FIND A PARTNER TO DO THE COURSE IN FEB!!!
Pm me if u're interested!

FlightDetent
18th Jan 2006, 12:50
The AN 28 FNPT-II classified simulator (full flight with visual, albeit not latest state of the art) in Letnany, Prague is not owned or operated by CSA. Nor do CSA employ anyone who holds a valid SFI approval for it, although some retired pilots do. Why do not you try contacting Let's Fly based in Ostrava, Czech R. who is the owner of the machine? Also they have a L-410 sim in Ostrava too.

FD.
(the un-real)

slow&low
18th Jan 2006, 22:32
let's fly ? 2400 E (in December at least!)

moggiee
18th Jan 2006, 23:39
Flight Centre, Wolverhampton

2840 Euro (at today´s exchange rate).
Local accommodation at about 36 Euro per night (including breakfast)

www.hgfc.co.uk
+44 1384 221477

european champion
19th Jan 2006, 08:15
Are all these organisations that do MCC approved by JAA.Is there a published list of Jaa with their approved MCC centres?

moggiee
19th Jan 2006, 11:13
Are all these organisations that do MCC approved by JAA.Is there a published list of Jaa with their approved MCC centres?
On the CAA website (www.caa.co.uk) under "personal licencing" you can find a list of approved FTOs and TRTOs, including those who are approved for MCC.

ant1
19th Jan 2006, 14:33
Can´t find the exact link to that list :uhoh:

moggiee
19th Jan 2006, 21:57
Here:

http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?categoryid=33&pagetype=65&applicationid=11&mode=detail&id=1211

ant1
20th Jan 2006, 16:18
Thanks a lot moggiee :ok:

BTW, I was looking into a TRTO called Randhem Aviation (http://www.randhem.com/) which is not listed in the document although THEY claim to offer JAA TR's recognized by all U.K. C.A.A. and all JAA member states (SIC).

BillieBob
20th Jan 2006, 16:30
Bear in mind that this lists only those approved by the UK CAA. There are dozens more (such as Randheim) in the rest of Europe approved by other JAA National Authorities.

european champion
12th Apr 2006, 12:31
I guess if i was doing an MCC course that is not approved by CAA i would be wasting my money,the certificate would not be recognized,am i correct?
but i do have a uk jaa license so it would be recognized by jaa! now it gets confusing!

Kinetic
12th Apr 2006, 14:28
I'm sure University of Zilina in Slovakia is much cheaper than most other quotes on this thread for JAR/OPS FNPTII MCC.

http://www.lvvc.utc.sk/?page=85&lang=en

european champion
13th Apr 2006, 13:09
It looks like much cheaper than UK.What if i do the MCC with them and get the certificate,would it be useless if i present it to CAA?
Would i be able to do a type rating afterwards with this certificate?

european champion
13th Apr 2006, 16:32
Is there a site listing all the schools that offer MCC and are JAA approved?

Jaylow
13th Apr 2006, 21:36
Hi guys,

Have you tryed TFC in Essen,Germany. Their MCC is 3,500 Euro on the B737Ng or Fsb in berlin they do it on the Kingair for 1,750 Euro.

european champion
14th Apr 2006, 07:15
Jaylow i was not able to find any of these schools,can u please tell me their contacts?

Jimmy The Big Greek
14th Apr 2006, 08:25
would also like to know. If it is true, very good price.

bfato
14th Apr 2006, 08:39
www.flugschule-berlin.de/mcc_e.htm

Couldn't see any mention of a King Air based MCC or of prices though.

bfato
14th Apr 2006, 08:45
and here is the other one

http://www.tfc-kaeufer.de/angebot.html

isn't Google wonderful?

european champion
14th Apr 2006, 16:15
Thanks for the contacts.I checked the fsb one,it seems to offer training only on Boeing and Airbus,i dont see anything mentioning about Kingair simulator.
Is this the right address?

Jaylow
14th Apr 2006, 17:01
Yeah you have the wright address, they don't say anything about the kingair mcc on their web site but if you call them they should be able to help you, i called them last september and they told me i could do it on that sim! But i ended up doing my mcc at tfc.

european champion
15th Apr 2006, 10:33
I called all these schools,it seems that they are all very busy,i cant seem to find a course before the 10th of May,some of them are booked until June!
Is anyone interested to do an MCC soon,maybe if we go as a pair we would have a better possibility to find a course soon.

dofly
15th Apr 2006, 21:49
The german Flugschule ARDEX (http://www.flugschule-ardex.de)offers an professional MCC course (of course in english!) on a FNPT II (Beech 200) for 2.160 Euro.
They also have their own "In-House-Hotel", I think they charge their students 20 Euro per night in a single room.

Highly recommended!

dofly

herbaceous
17th Apr 2006, 15:25
I hear that there is a new 737NG simulator starting up in Bristol. Check out website on www.flightexperience.co.uk (http://www.flightexperience.co.uk). Don't know whether they are running a MCC course but it might be worth a try before an interview.

moggiee
21st Apr 2006, 13:25
Anyone know if you need to have a MCC if you have previous airline experience? Lets say you fly in the US for an airline and are doing your JAA conversion while flying for a US carrier. Will I still need to do the MCC ore is my previous experience enough? Lets say I have 1000 hrs F/O for an airline.... Thanks.
If you have 500 hours multi-pilot time then you are exempt.

Heffer
21st Apr 2006, 15:33
You'd be better placed to spend a bit more and get time in a heavy sim in preparation for any possible airline sim selection, assuming you've not completed a JOC as you suggest??

Kyla - Aerodynamics
21st Apr 2006, 15:54
At Aerodynamics Malaga we can offer a MCC course for only €2980 email me for more information [email protected]