PDA

View Full Version : Korean Air KAL Airbus destinations

cayenne
23rd Dec 2005, 02:52
Can someone tell me where Korean flies with the 330's. Also what would the average monthly pay be and what bases they offer for an Airbus Captain?
Thanks in advance.

typhoonpilot
24th Dec 2005, 11:53
They do a lot of the domestic flying in Korea as well as short hops to Japan, China and a few long haul destinations. Lately they have Sydney, Dubai-Cairo, Moscow, Prague, and a few others closer to the Pac Rim.

Bases used to be anywhere on the KAL system, not sure if they will still offer that. Pay is around USD 10,000 per month plus per diem.

TP

newscaster
25th Dec 2005, 14:40
Also fly them to St. Petersburg and Urumqi, both are seasonal routes.

Mack Tuck
26th Dec 2005, 10:15
I hear there has been a pilots strike with KAL recently. Are the positions on offer now (A330) in any way connected with "strike-busting"?
Also how are foreign Captains considered by the local FOs?

flyguykorea
28th Dec 2005, 04:13
330's go a lot of places. What has already been mentioned is correct, and in addition, they also service Bangkok (Pusan - BKK), Brisbane, Nadi, Zurich, Amsterdam, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, and Mumbai off the top of my head.

Generally local F/O's enjoy flying with foreign Captains, of course, like anywhere, there is the odd exception to the rule I guess.

As for the any connections to the strike, well, you have to remember that the longer the Korean pilots strike, the more the chairman dislikes them, and the more foreign pilots are looked upon favourably by the company....

newscaster
28th Dec 2005, 11:42
flyguykorea, any idea why Urumqi failed, could they have done better using an A300 or a 737-800/900.

ernestkgann
28th Dec 2005, 14:41
What destinations do the '777s go to? I hate these open questions about my airline but if anyone is kind enough to reply, what kind of rosters with regard to destinations and patterns do the '777 get? the current expat contract talks about 8 days guaranteed off with another three made up of travel and leave. How realistic is that? Thanks.

flyguykorea
28th Dec 2005, 21:13
flyguykorea, any idea why Urumqi failed, could they have done better using an A300 or a 737-800/900.

That's a strange one because in my opinion, the A330-300 was always too much capacity for this route, but there are more than enough A300's around that could have been put on this route. I suspect something other than simply an oversupply of capacity and poor sales...

What destinations do the '777s go to

I'll take a stab.....many 777 destinations seem to alternate seaonally between the 744 and 777. Anyhow, they are: HNL, SEA, ORD, ATL, DFW, LAX, IAD, SYD, AKL, CHC, LHR, BKK, HKG, SIN, NRT, GUM, (the odd charter to LAS),...and so on...

As for the days off, yes I would say that the days off you have been quoted is realistic. Only exception would be in the event of a strike by the locals, then the rosters go out the window. Regular months are as stated.

newscaster
29th Dec 2005, 15:31
They fly the A330 to Ulaan Bator too.

flyguykorea Urumqi was an A332.

flyguykorea
29th Dec 2005, 21:47
flyguykorea Urumqi was an A332.

Well there you go, still learn something new everyday!

Also just remembered that A330's do seasonal charters to other places like Pattaya (Utapao), and Chiang-Mai,

They fly the A330 to Ulaan Bator too.

Yes, but seasonally alternates with an A300 also.

cayenne
31st Dec 2005, 04:46
Flyguy, please check your PM's. Thanks

Tintin
3rd Jan 2006, 07:30
I have a few question

I was just going thru the contract for the 330, 9 day off ( in a row) per month do they make you travel home during those days??

do they stick to it? ( the day off )

After a few year flying for them do they consider you for a fleet transfert?

thanks alot

FlyingOrange
3rd Jan 2006, 08:33
TinTin

Check your pm's please

newscaster
9th Jan 2006, 11:12
A330 also flies to another seasonal destination Istanbul.

subin30
5th Feb 2006, 22:10
flyguykorea

check you PM please

subin