PDA

View Full Version : Any rumours on new CX plan for DEFO PAX recruiting..?

superfrozo
22nd Dec 2005, 20:53
Heard some scuttlebutt the other day about the possibility of CX recruiting DEFOs for the pax fleet. Something about potential cost cutting plans by new management : fewer SOs results in substantially decreased training and currency costs, offset by a slight increase in costs due to resulting higher (DE)FO wages. Seems to me that the only way this could work is if the FOs workload is ramped up considerably.

Anyone else heard similar ruminations?

(Remember, if more than 2 people have heard it it's no longer rumour - it's fact!)

Cheers ;)

cannot
25th Dec 2005, 02:53
That rumor has been floating around for a while. However there are some very experienced guys sitting in the S/O positions who I imagine would be more than a little annoyed if they were leapfrogged by a DEFO without getting a look in. All that said if it saves the company money then anything could happen.

grob115
11th Jan 2006, 12:27
Even if Cathay will hired DEFO for pax fleet, I doubted it will be too many of them. According to the employment contract / terms, CX can not hire DEFO for pax fleet unless there's no suitable SO ready for upgrade. If they hired DEFO for pax fleet, when other SO is ready for upgrade, those SO got their upgrade delayed will be paid with FO salary. With so many SO ready for their upgrade training, I highly doubted that Cathay will hire DEFO for their pax fleet.