PDA

View Full Version : Beech King Air 200 crash in Kaduna?

chuks
22nd Dec 2005, 12:19
I just read about a recent crash in Kaduna, Nigeria of a Beech King Air 200. Does anyone have any more information about this, particularly the registration and the operator?

Thanks in advance.

chuks

Kopeloi
22nd Dec 2005, 12:24
Have a look at :
http://pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=200165&highlight=Kaduna

chuks
22nd Dec 2005, 21:53
Thanks for the info. I believe that was a BE20 operated by M & W Pumps, if it's the aircraft I'm thinking of. I used to see it in Lagos. Too bad.

jirginsama
23rd Dec 2005, 08:00
Chuks,M&W pumps are the owners.

chuks
23rd Dec 2005, 10:52
It is a small world; I was told one of the owners of M & W pumps is the Bush family.

I suppose we can take this loss as a reminder of the fact that, 'Small airplanes can kill you just as fast as big ones!'

MysticFlyer
23rd Dec 2005, 14:15
Who's the chairman - A loose gun?

Running governments is BIG business, using democracy, one can make a killing!

chuks
23rd Dec 2005, 14:23
It's nothing to get excited about. From what I was told, M & W is a major supplier of pumping equipment to the oil industry, so that it would be very logical for them to be operating a BE20 in Nigeria.

Not everything there is deeply shady and mysterious, you know. It could just be a company doing business. It's just mildly interesting, if it is even true, that the Bush family have an interest in M & W.

MysticFlyer
23rd Dec 2005, 15:01
Yes I know, but in earlier days, one could have had screams of conflict of interest, nepotism and these type of things, what company rules are concerned as well as a couple of other things I have forgotten about too....

Democracy rules, interestingly.:ugh:

Found this (http://www.hir2.com/ohbrother.html) though....

chuks
23rd Dec 2005, 18:57
I see; I was thinking of the wrong sort of pumps, there. The business and politics of supplying drinking water to Nigeria makes a fascinating and murky story.

Perhaps one day someone will start a thread about that. Not that it has anything to do with this plane crash, per se.

MysticFlyer
24th Dec 2005, 07:00
That thread is already running on the Jet Blast, to which you already contributed!

Anyway, one sometimes gets more what one want's to hear, especially coming from Ikeja oneself....

Relevancy....methinks so, you asked for it.

Does anyone have any more information about this, particularly the registration and the operator?

Chuks,M&W pumps are the owners.

and some....