PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook Interview

3202b
21st Dec 2005, 21:34
Hi girls/guys I have an interview with Thomas Cook in January. Now I'm a complete newbie at this and have never been to an Airline interview before, I did try a search for Thomas Cook interview and found a few sparse details but nothing with any real detail.

A few questions:

What will happen in this interview?, what should I wear - just normal suit and tie?, how many people usually attend one interview at a time, what do Thomas Cook look for in potential CC?.

Also any advise for the interview would be much appreciated, I'm nervous about the interview already and would really love to get the job so your help would be great.

Cheers
3202b

3202b
30th Dec 2005, 12:53
Bump - anything? :ugh:

MrHorgy
3rd Jan 2006, 18:03
I had an interview with TCX, but it was a bit farsicle because it was arranged by MyTravel and I didn't go the "correct" route most applicants took. As for attire, I'd go smart. You wouldn't do any harm trying to wear colours that are vaguely the same as the uniform as well, because then recruiters get an idea of what you look like in their uniform.

Suffice to say I won't be going to my First Choice Interview in a pink jumpsuit though :D

Horgy

Globe2004
4th Jan 2006, 12:35
Hi Mr Horgy

Sorry to contradict, but there's no way that your TCX interview will have been arranged by My Travel!! MYT are direct competition for TCX so would probably be looking to recruit a similiar type of person! As a member of the recruitment team for TCX I am certain that everything is arranged in-house

In terms of what you should wear, 320b, Mr Horgy offers good advice!

Good luck with TCX - if you get in I'm sure you'll really like it here as it's a great Company to work for.

Globe

MrHorgy
4th Jan 2006, 13:47
Alas, as silly as it sounds, that was the way it panned out.

I was recruited by MYT last year for a post, but 10 days before we were due to start training they laid us all off! You can read about it here:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=166537

As a result of the "contacting other airlines" I ended up in a 1:1 interview for TCX, which I didn't get (Still don't know why, if you work in recruitment maybe you can tell me ;) )

Horgy

Globe2004
4th Jan 2006, 15:03
Horgy

What a nightmare!! I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you! :(

Did you apply back this year at all??

Can't help as to the reason why you didn't get the job as my involvement in the recruitment process is limited to the first (group) stage.

Are you flying currently? If not, I hope that the right opportunity comes along sooner rather than later! :D

Cheers

Globe

3202b
4th Jan 2006, 19:30
Thanks Horgy and Globe, I've been hearing a lot of good stuff about TCX - I'm really hoping I get the job.

MrHorgy
4th Jan 2006, 20:57
Globe,

Indeedy yes for Thomsonfly/Britannia but i'm waiting a rejoining date for 2006. HR are dragging their feet! Otherwise MYT offered me this year, and I have an interview with FCA TOMMORROW! Exciting stuff.

I'll know who to ask advice to know haha..

3202b - Good luck with the interview, TCX look pretty snazzy, i'm sure you'll be fine!

Horgy