PDA

View Full Version : 6 months of 717 in the west

cunninglinguist
20th Dec 2005, 21:57
Been very quiet you sneaky little NJ people :E

My mail is that a total cluster:mad: has been made of the intro of the type ( and not having a go at the drivers )

Regular ( relatively ) o/nights in out ports, numerous delays, MELs up the yin yang, etc etc. ( tip for the beancounters: the only people that love the 717 flying at or below F250 are Air BP )

Apparently they were pretty reliable in jet* so what happened ?

Hope its not a feeble attempt to prove how good the 146 was :confused:

Does the " resignation " of one MD have anything to do with all of this?

No, not a windup, genuinely interested

Ratter
20th Dec 2005, 22:59
Hi,

I am by no means an expert on the situation but i have heard that in the model for operation for the 717's Qantas is not providing much in the way of engineering support.

In the operation of the 146 there was, i am led to believe, a subsidy from QF to maintain a parts store for the 146. In the new operation of the 717 this no longer exists so NJS is forced to reduce stores capacity to remain marginally profitable.

It would follow logically, and this is from my own educated guessing, that Jetstar didn't have the same issue because of the level of support recieved from the parent company.

Just my two bob, not gospel by any stretch but may be a causal factor.

Safe flying

Ratter

Capt Basil Brush
20th Dec 2005, 23:40
I have also heard that QF/J* hold the majority of spare parts on the East Coast, and will not build up a store of parts on the West Coast (or DN and CS). So when something busts, its a matter of sitting around until the part/s turn up.

rescue 1
21st Dec 2005, 05:31
I did hear that the teething problems have left a few red faces, and the prospect of more work diminished???

Truth Seekers Int'nl
21st Dec 2005, 08:41
.....717 tender a total disaster.......danni baby fell on sword to steady the titanic after the snook man saw writing in the wall...........B727 boys with aae about to get the shaft.........$120,000 for captains to help save the sinking ship.......jetstar not the bottom of the pit yet ?.......geoff dixon laughing all the way to the shareholders.....get of your collective asses and move up here.........the waters fine....

boocs
21st Dec 2005, 10:38
the waters fine....

Yeah but what about the air quality??

Capt Claret
22nd Dec 2005, 06:15
First solo today in an NJS 71.

No more MELs than I've seen on the 146. Some left over from the former operator.

Cruise on all three sectors > F320

Late ex DRW, GOV, CNS due off schedule ops and baggage belt problem in DRW but finished the day 5 early into Alice.

No unscheduled stops.

100% reliability! ;)

I'd be interested to know if JQ's reliability was any better when they were new to the aircraft. Experience on type helps solve lots of problems quickly, rather than slowly.

cunninglinguistHope its not a feeble attempt to prove how good the 146 was

Please tell me you're not serious about that suggestion! :ooh: :hmm:

tinpis
22nd Dec 2005, 06:23
:hmm: where did the IPEC DC9 crews end up?

cunninglinguist
22nd Dec 2005, 07:37
Only going on what I hear from the horses mouths.....

I believe NJ are quick to blame JQ for all their woes, inc giving them all the so called " heaps " ( how any a/c less than 10 years old can be considered a heap is beyond me )
According to all the guys who trained with JQ, they only became heaps after the east/west crossing and alot of their problems are not parts, or lack of, per se, apparently the old pen does'nt work quite as well with the 71.( well, it does get it to depart a maint base )

Ratter I hear what you are saying but to me it sounds like typical NJS " penny wise pound foolish ", ie save a few bucks on spares but how much does each unsceduled o/nite in a remote port cost? in dollars and customer goodwill ?( oh, and how much does crz at F250 cost )

Bas, not sure why JQ would want a spares store on the west coast, in 6 months they will be 717 free, and have absolutely no allegiance with NJ.

Truth seeker, 100% accurate I reckon...but move up where ?

" no more MELs than I've seen on a 146 "...... but the 146 was up to 20 years older.
They tell me Clarrie, that the 1st time you turn up to the a/c to find out you are restricted to F250 and below and no flight in icing conditions, or your first PBO/PD/GV o/nite, gets the boys a little narky.

Capn Bloggs
23rd Dec 2005, 10:01
Cunning,

You were with NJS, were you not? Had a sudden dose of angry/stroppy/jealous juice recently?

not sure why JQ would want a spares store on the west coast, in 6 months they will be 717 free, and have absolutely no allegiance with NJ.

So why don't they give them the spares?

F250? The burn's higher but so is the TAS, so costs are the same. Besides, at M.82 not ice forms at FL250 anyway.

cunninglinguist
26th Dec 2005, 12:30
No worries Bloggs, you can keep your vitriol to yourself, was making the point to Baz that why would Jet* want to keep spares on the west coast, they have nothing to do with NJ and have lost the 717s.

Yeh, increase in TAS of 20 knots, and increase in burn of 3-400 kg per hour, cost the same:confused: ....glad you are not my accountant.

I worked for them, nearly as long as you so know what they are like, just keep telling yourself that its all jet*s fault and everything will be ok.( oh, and why don't they give them the spares?? you have to BUY them )

Jealous :confused: :} :yuk: :{ :ok: :E ;) of what

Capt Claret
26th Dec 2005, 21:14
Cunni

Do you/have you/would you lease a motor vehicle?

If so, as the operator of the vehicle, would you purchase a full inventory of spares at your expense, or would you expect the lessor to carry and supply said spares?

F/O Bloggs
27th Dec 2005, 01:51
Cun....,

No, not a windup, genuinely interested

It sounds like a wind up. You don't work for NJS yet you appear genuinely interested in bringing out alleged failings in the operation. Sounds to me like Cap B hit the nail on the head. You are jealous.

I don't know who you work for but stick to pointing out the probs in your outfit. EG see the threads on VB chaos, or Ozjet probs. All airlines have their gremlins/demons.

:yuk:

Warped Wings
27th Dec 2005, 02:16
Changing the subject...

Why did NJS's big boss resign??

Capn Bloggs
27th Dec 2005, 05:05
big
:eek: :ooh: :oh:

cunninglinguist
27th Dec 2005, 08:15
F/O Bloggs my poor sweet boy ( or girl ), I hazard a guess I was flying for NJS long before anyone here on this thread except Capt Bloggs.( actually, I know I was )

My interest is that I still have very close friends at NJ and they can't help but tell me of the meal that has been made of things there.
No point in me going to VB or Ozjet threads as I work for neither.

Enjoy the 71 while its there, its a great machine, but it will be gut wrenching when you have to go back to the gas chamber.:yuk: :yuk:

PS. I hear you need an FAs uniform to get a payrise in that place rather than a paycut:yuk: :yuk:

cheers

F/O Bloggs
27th Dec 2005, 15:25
cunninglinguist, my poor over the hill old man (or woman). I have no doubt that you were flying for NJS for ever and a day. You have probably retired now (as you should in your later years)

I am glad that you have some friends.

As I said, it is sad that you worked with us so long ago and that you have such strong feelings about the company. Maybe you now regret your decision to leave NJS. Whatever, you still sound jealous.

I do enjoy the 717.

Good on the TRAINING FAs for getting a payrise. They certainly deserved it.

You really are bitter in your old age aren't you. Enjoy the lawnbowls.

cheers
:ok:

cunninglinguist
29th Dec 2005, 23:05
I should have said " enjoy the 717 and the right seat ",
hows your command prospects :} :{ :ok: :ok:

Sorry, can't engage in this fruitless exchange any longer, have to go to work at an A I R L I N E .
Give me a shout if you ever want to come and work for one....on second thoughts don't.:ok:

PS. born in the early 60s, not that old.

west atc
30th Dec 2005, 01:31
Any sign of the 717 getting RVSM? Weren't they RVSM approved when they with Jetstar? Is it a problem with NJS or the aircraft?

Capn Bloggs
30th Dec 2005, 03:04
WestATC,
It won't hippen overnight, but it will hippen!

Cunning,
Now that you have sledged everybody who's posted a counter view "to what you have heard", I'm relieved you have to go and work for an airline. The question has to be raised: what was the point of your thread? Why don't you just leave us alone?

Warped Wings
Why did NJS's big boss resign??
To do this!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/webpixx/prune/rupunzel.jpg :}