PDA

View Full Version : Looking for US low alt enroute charts

Icerman
20th Dec 2005, 11:22
Hello!

I wonder if there's any website where you can download low altitude enroute charts for the US. They don't necessarily have to be up to date. The specific chart I am looking is L-3 (southern California).

If anyone is interested www.fltplan.com is good for most other instrument chart.

Cheers,
Icer

KrazyKraut
20th Dec 2005, 11:40
For what purpose do you need the chart (considering it "doesn't have to be current")?

Just for playing-around-purposes, you could print one from MS2004. It won't have the standard format and will miss details, but all the navaids and airways should be on it. See http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/

AOPA also have up-to-date approach plates available for free download, but to members only. You could get a free student membership. See www.aopa.com.

The only source I know for current, complete, digital low-altitude enroute charts is JeppView. See www.jeppesen.com.

Good luck,

KK.

Icerman
20th Dec 2005, 14:04
Thanks KrazyKraut but I don't want to pay for them. :O

I'm reading FAA IFR theories out of interest - I might the rating one day. To get comfortable with the charts I would like to do some planning exercises and need them just for that purpose.

NOAP is the other organization that publishes enroute charts.

Regards,
Icer