PDA

View Full Version : Buccaneer Flying in England

Peter Barron
20th Dec 2005, 10:10
Just read this on another web site dated the 9th of this month.

HHA were today granted approval by the Civil Aviation Authority Management Committee to operate their BAe Buccaneer Aircraft (G-HHAA / XX885) on the UK civil register.

It looks like we will be having a Buccaneer flying again in England :ok:

Does anyone know if it is going to be on the display circuit next year, any time scale as to when it will be ready.

Peter.

andrewman
24th Jan 2006, 10:31
First flight should be in late spring 2006, doubt it will do any flying displays this year but might do some static displays (RIAT and Waddo) would be nice.

London Jets
24th Jan 2006, 10:54
Who are HHA? and can anyone tell me more about them please?

ORAC
24th Jan 2006, 12:13
Hawker Hunter Aviation (http://www.hunterteam.com/main.htm)

REF
30th Oct 2006, 21:15
What news of the Buccaneer at the moment? Is it flying yet?

REF
5th Sep 2008, 12:37
Any update on this yet? Is she flying or will she be flying anytime soon?

JEM60
5th Sep 2008, 15:12
No, Lack of support from BAE re engines is what I heard. Do what I did. Go to Thunder City at Cape Town. 2 flying down there.

JEM60
5th Sep 2008, 15:14
No. Lack of support from BAE on engines is what I've heard. Go to Thunder City at Cape Town, 2 flying down there. Looked luvly in the winter heat.

Groundloop
8th Sep 2008, 09:11
As it has RR Spey engines, wouldn't engine support need to come from RR and not BAE?

JEM60
8th Sep 2008, 17:24
O.K. No support from RR.

Ogre
12th Sep 2008, 03:13
Well I wish BAE would get a finger out! It would be nice to see video of the banana jet taking to the skies again.

HHA have two qualified front seaters (Dave Bolsover was on 208 when I was there, a good bloke) but won't they need a qualified Navigator as well? I seem to remember when one landed at St Mawgen with the nose wheel up. After repairs they planned to fly it back to Lossie with the SEngO in the back seat but there were issues with that, the same reason you could never get a jolly in the backseat.

It was a long time ago, and the memory is fading fast.....

Ogre

HHA Eng
16th Sep 2008, 18:04
There are no issues with support from BAe or RR, don't know where either of those rumours came from. The main prob with the Bucc is the ejection seats and some outstanding parts which are critical to have in place before any return to flight work is carried out. We are patiently waiting on answers on many issues but rest assured once we have resolved those we will forge ahead. please don't ask for any forecast as I don't have one at present, needless to say we are as keen as anyone to get her back in the air. After hundreds of hours of design verification work and a very hefty CAA bill we do not want to waste the effort and money thus far spent. We carried out ground runs and operated all her systems a couple of weeks ago and she was in good shape.

Rossian
16th Sep 2008, 18:17
I got one - absolute magic; in spite of young Mr Ca. Ca...... spending the last 15 mins of the trip trying to make me sick as we wellied up the Spey valley and back to Lossie. He failed.
The Ancient Mariner

JEM60
16th Sep 2008, 18:24
Cheers, HHA. Glad to hear that. People tell you that they know what is happening when they haven't a clue.!! Look forward to seeing it. Can you paint it gloss black, like the one at Thunder City, 'cos THAT one didn't fly whilst I was there. Burst tyre. and it would have looked gorgeous. Can anybody explain why Mr. Beachyhead in South Africa doesn't put his in South African Air Force colours. It would be more appropriate than the Raspberry Ripple.