PDA

View Full Version : Cruise/Holmes family fleet?

chornedsnorkack
20th Dec 2005, 09:42
Tom Cruise is said to be a pilot and own 3 planes, one of which is a Gulfstream. He is also said to be making a present to his bride Katie Holmes, of another Gulfstream. The plane is supposed to have a custom interior, and Tom is supposed to hire a pilot to fly her.

There are the news about airlines ordering planes to be delivered in 2011 et cetera. How long does it take to build a private plane?

Which (private) family has the largest number of members owning personal customized planes?

WHBM
20th Dec 2005, 09:51
Reminds me of a discussion at Andrews between PM John Major (just arrived in a VC-10 with UK Secretary for Transport, among others) and President George Bush Mk 1, whose 747 was standing alongside.

JM to Pres : Well, Mr President, I must say I am impressed with your plane.

Secretary of Transport to JM : "Well, Prime Minister, I must introduce you to Richard Branson. he's got about 12 of them ....."

Wycombe
21st Dec 2005, 08:16
When Tom was with Nicole, they had a Gulfstream (G3 I think) that used to spend a lot of it's time parked on the ramp at LTN.

I believe he also used to fly a Baron out of Denham - I remember hearing a story (perhaps apocryphal) that he once got lost and busted the Heathrow Class A trying to find his way back to the field - not very "Top Gun" :)

As for the "family" with the largest private fleet, I would hazard a guess at the Sultan of Brunei.

MarkD
22nd Dec 2005, 04:00
Apparently Angelina Jolie flies herself about in Alberta if avcanada has it right.

Skystar320
22nd Dec 2005, 04:35
I would also a hazid guess that the sultan of Brunei. My memories from when I was there back in September were the following

1 x Gulfstream
1 x A340-300
1 x B747-400?
1 x 767-200

Anyway take me any further

spanishflea
22nd Dec 2005, 09:50
If you count the Saudi Royal Family then I think they win by a mile...