PDA

View Full Version : Trend Micro 'House Call'

BOAC
19th Dec 2005, 20:34
Anyone else used the 'new' format of the scan?

I must say I don't like it. I much preferred the old format.

P.Pilcher
19th Dec 2005, 22:01
Yes, I've used it and it managed to find some "greyware" which was missed by Avast, adaware, spybot and Microsoft's anti-spyware utility. Whether such "greyware" was a threat I don't know, but it shouldn't have been on my machine and it got past a fully updated "adwatch" facility.

P.P.

BOAC
20th Dec 2005, 13:08
I grant you that - it also found two 'non-threatening' greywares on mine, but it DOES seem a lot slower. I am using the 'java-based' option at the moment- [and it keeps rebooting my machine :mad: ]

BOAC
20th Dec 2005, 20:57
Just tried it in Firefox and it keeps asking me to 'activate JavaScript' - I have????

Edit: OK - I can only get it to work so far with 'Global javascript' with which I am not too happy!

BLUE SKY THINKER
20th Dec 2005, 21:53
BOAC . . . . .

Not quite sure what you mean by "global", but have you been here for more specific selection?

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/5036/javawindow0bq.jpg

BOAC
21st Dec 2005, 07:45
The 'Global' setting is a Firefox 'Options' option for Javascript, flagged as 'dangerous'!!

The Java cp cannot be 'set' as I am using Firefox, not Mozilla or Netscape. The 'Trend' warning regards Javascript, not Java, and I have set the Trend URL as 'safe':confused:

This 'new' House Call does seem a lot slower than the old.

BLUE SKY THINKER
21st Dec 2005, 09:00
Sorry, the perils of late night posting; I see what you mean re. java v javascript.

NB: I neither use Trend or Firefox, but I thought the latter was Mozilla related (allbeit you can't 'set' it); or am I completely losing it?!?.

BOAC
21st Dec 2005, 10:51
Well, BST - I would say the chances of YOU 'losing it' in computing are astronomically small!! If it is there I cannae find it.