PDA

View Full Version : KLM academy requirements

KLM_MD11
19th Dec 2005, 20:07
Hello all,

Is there anybody out there that can tell me what requirements are needed to enter KLM's academy?

I checked their site, but not been a Dutch speaker I can't find out what they are.

Right now I am working on my PPL and next year I am getting a degree in applied physics and instrumentation. Will this help me get accepted, and what are the chances of getting accepted over-all?

Any info would be a help, thanks.

Badgast
19th Dec 2005, 23:41
You need to be good enough in Dutch and English. Futhermore you need to have had mathematics and physics at your high school. You have to be Eu national and not older than 27,5 years. The course costs 111300 euro and there is no garanty of a job, but quite a lot of students are being accepted into Klm recently.

I hope this is enough information, ask if you need more info :)

KLM_MD11
20th Dec 2005, 00:01
Thanks Badgast,

Fortunatley I was born in Holland and I was fluent in Dutch when I was younger but due to my Dad's company relocating alot I moved around quiet a bit and somehow forgot it. :p

As for the education, I do not take physics in school but I can take it outside of school and still take the final state exams for it. Do you think I should do this or will the degree I mentioned on taking be satifactory enough.

Also, when I finish my PPL will this be an advantage when it comes to applying or is the academy for people with no flying experience.

Badgast
20th Dec 2005, 10:28
Why don't you come working here in Holland during your summer break, to get your language skills up. You can make some money, learn the language again and have a good time (it shows great motivation too!)

When you don't have a technical university degree yet, it is necesary to have done exam in physics at your high school.
You are only allowed to do selection twice, one before attaining a university study (or bachelor) and once after that (after 4 years). So, if I were you, I would do selection as early as possible. The selection isn't easy but it can be done, success rate is rumoured to be about 20%.

A Ppl isn't necessary and as long as you can explain why you want to become an airline pilot it isn't a benefit.
So do your physics exams, come to holland for a couple of months to learn the language again and apply for the Kls academy.
You can also email de Kls to be sure what you need to do, to attain the selections. Good luck!

ps be aware of the fact that there is no job garantee at Klm. Students still need to do selections at Klm to get a job with them.

KLM_MD11
20th Dec 2005, 14:31
I will definatley come to Holland again before applying, I miss the place so damn much. After gaining a degree I plan on going to Saudi Arabia for 3 years because I have contacts there that can get me a job. The money is very good over there and I need to build up some cash If I have a chance to do the course.

One draw back about this plan though is that by the time I apply I will be 24/25 which is a bit close to the maximum age of applying. And of course there going to pick the young guy over the older guy.

You seem to know your stuff about KLM, so do you know anybody flying with them? How is the salary and rosters? Also in your post you mentioned that I can only do the selection twice '' one before going to university and once after that (after 4 years).'' Does that mean 4 years after I get a degree or 4 years after I last applied for the selection. Do I have to apply for the section twice?

Sorry about all the questions, but I got no one else to ask. Do you have an email for de KLs. Yeah I know that no-one is garanteed a job but I think it's worth a gamble with the amount of people they actually take on.