PDA

View Full Version : Sia Cargo salary

robson767300
19th Dec 2005, 13:50
Hi,

Iīm a Capt 767/757.I looking for anyboby that know how much is the salary of Captain and F/o of SIA cargo.

Thankīs a lot

Capt.Robson

winglet_fever
19th Dec 2005, 17:18
Hi there,

this topic has been covered before. try doing a search on past post, or you can look up SIA Cargo's website.

Left Coaster
20th Dec 2005, 00:49
You might also try Flight Intl...haven't looked for awhile, but SQ Cargo advertised quite a bit in the past...Cheers

filejw
20th Dec 2005, 14:01
Searches are nice but what would be nicer is some kind gentleman that works for SIA Cargo converting his take
home into Euros ,Pounds or USD.The SIA web site is good but what are the guys really getting in the pay check.:O

Thermal Image
20th Dec 2005, 14:24
Information on the pay of a captain or first officer can be found by going to http://www.siacargo.com/career.asp and clicking on First Officer and Captain positions.

The information provided is already as detailed as can be.

If you get someone on PPRuNe claiming to have been paid $x the last month, so what? How are you going to verify it? Insist that he fax you his payslip?

Even if true, you can't duplicate his paycheck because no 2 persons will have an identical roster.

So the best you can hope for is to get an indicative range, which, surprise surprise, leads us back to the information as provided in the website.

Or is a range just not good enough for some prospective applicants?

What airline guarantees your pay to the last dollar, as opposed to giving you the parameters on what you COULD earn?

filejw
20th Dec 2005, 22:33
Thermal ,
You must be the type that believes everything you are told at an interview. I prefer a little independent info.Thanks

sweetpollypurebred
20th Dec 2005, 23:00
Thermal is quite correct, apart from the fact that if you did some searching of existing topics yourself,you would find what it is your looking for.

If you expect someone else to do the search for you, then ask your Mum when she kisses you good-night.

Left Coaster
20th Dec 2005, 23:29
Without meaning to be rude...(I learned this from the Old Boy) ...When someone asked him how much he made, he quite politely changed the subject...It's really not anyone's business as far as I'm comcerned. If you really want to know, look it up! A post above put it very clearly, it WILL be different for every roster, but the basics are clearly publicised. To convert to your country currency...OANDA currency converter is a good tool. (Search on GOOGLE)
Happy Holidays

filejw
21st Dec 2005, 02:21
You guys are really a bit funny if I didn't know the truth.I have no plans to go to SIA myself but the original poster asked a simple question that has lots of anwsers.Having read most of the SIA post over the last year I have not seen a real good answer to to his question.You people seem to delight in just being a pain instead of giving a hand.

4PW's
21st Dec 2005, 08:50
I may be wrong, but it would appear you and your good friend are not equipped with common attributes found in all successful SIA candidates, DEC or otherwise.

Good luck.

Phil Squares
21st Dec 2005, 09:08
Capt S$18-23,000/mo excluding education allowance

Thermal Image
21st Dec 2005, 10:46
filejw

Since you would rather have a fish than know what went into the fish, the five word sentence so graciously provided by Phil Square should be right up your level of understanding.

I suppose he has a better grasp of what you are capable of comprehending, rather than my post which says the same but in more words.

I'm truly sorry I overestimated your abilities to make sense of the components that went into a pilot's salary.

Should I brace myself for more insightful remarks from you, as seems to be characteristic of your just-criticise-but-not-help style of participation in this forum?

robson767300
21st Dec 2005, 12:17
Thankīs a lot Phil!

Your answer was simple and direct.Thatīs good for me and please,there is no reason to create bad feelings here,the life is only one and we are here to live only the best moments that we can create.

Blue sky for all..

Robson.

filejw
21st Dec 2005, 13:18
Not bad only took eleven post.It really was a simple question.LOL

BlueEagle
21st Dec 2005, 21:29
Well I do feel I should come to the defence of Thermal Image here. It has always been the policy of PPRuNe to encourage people to search the board for information that is already posted, this cuts down bandwidth use and unnecessary repetition .
In this case, Capt. Robson has only made two posts and may be unfamiliar with the ways of PPRuNe but it doesn't hurt to point out that there is an excellent 'Search' facility and extensive archive material.

If I know where to find the information quickly and have the time I usually post a link but I'm very happy for other posters to do this as well. I think that Thermal Image's first response, quoting the web site, was very much to the point and helpful too.