PDA

View Full Version : Well done Australian Airlines!

2p!ssed2drive
19th Dec 2005, 03:32
Maybe I've flown virginblue too much lately, or perhaps I'm just sick of flying around in lighties...
But recently I travelled Australian Airlines from Darwin - Cairns on the B767, and I thought it would be rude not to give them some form of Congratulations for a fantastic flight.

The cabin was clean and comfy, there were pillows and blankets ready, the crew was gorgeous and the food was unbeleivable!

Keep up the good service, this trip reminded me of why I started flying in the first place :) Well done!

Hugh Jarse
19th Dec 2005, 05:05
They must have been all ex-Eastern and Sunstate girls:} that got their career progression:E

Good to see some positive words around here for a change:ok:

dghob
19th Dec 2005, 05:15
Good to hear.

I flew VB Canberra to Brisbane yesterday and have to say that was a happy experience as well. Nothing special mind you, but it was on time, crew were competent & pleasant (no over-the-top aren't-we-having-fun stuff), drinks & nibbles reasonably priced, baggage retrieved with minimum waiting time, aircraft clean & comfortable. I'm still a QF f/flyer but VB are getting better & better in my experience.

ratpoison
19th Dec 2005, 05:47
And with all the "bloody idiots" who have been brainwashed with the Sunshine, Shiney new planes and Tax Free(oh really!!) spat out to them by EK, hopefully there's going to be few more jobs available as well. ;)

triadic
19th Dec 2005, 09:09
They must have been all ex-Eastern and Sunstate girls that got their career progression

Sorry Hugh, but AO employ all their own FAs so the career progression available to Qlink FAs does not apply. I believe that is one of the reasons that they are so good and keep receiving a very hight level of positive complements. Yes, there are a few former QL and AN there, but the training and culture is very different.

:ok:

Hugh Jarse
19th Dec 2005, 09:29
My flippant remark was tongue-in-cheek, Triadic;)

Yep, I know our girls and guys go over to the Evil Empire as opposed to AO:}

Merry Christmas to you.:O

apacau
19th Dec 2005, 19:54
Good to see some positive feedback on the work the boys and girls do out there...

I for one have flown AO only once (HKG-CNS) and it sticks in my mind as an outstanding flight, despite every last seat on the aircraft being occupied.

I also have seldom had a bad experience on Virgin Blue, despite many, many sectors with them.

I am continually pleasantly surprised by QantasLink on my regular SYD-CBR and odd MEL-CBR Dash 8 sectors.

Rex was a wonderful little airline that I miss on the SYD-CBR run.

And my one experience on Ozjet was very very pleasant also. "I'll be back..." as the classic line runs...

Qantas mainline is a little inconsistant, but there too, I have received excellent service on many occasions.

Capt Claret
20th Dec 2005, 00:26
Well my last two QF mainline flights were most pleasant with attentive crew who did their job well. DN-SY and, yesterday, DN-PH.

ur2
20th Dec 2005, 00:46
I hope they are around in the next 2 years but I have grave doubts. :(