PDA

View Full Version : Saudi E170s - Where source crews?

Riker
18th Dec 2005, 22:24
I noticed that Saudi will be adding a large number of E170s (25 or so) over the next few years. I have seen pictures of the latest in Brazil - looks good in the paint scheme.

So, where will Saudi source the crews for the E170? Will most be internal from the 737s and MD90s that may be retired and replaced by the E170?

Any idea if expats will be hired for the E170? What qualifications would be required for Expats? Where will the E170 likely fly initially - within Saudi or to Gulf destinations? Any more details? I've heard it is a great aircraft to fly - nice Primus Epic flight deck...

Cheers

Willie Everlearn
20th Dec 2005, 21:17
They are converting most of their MD90 crews to the ERJ 170.
Not very many exPats turning up on course at the moment.
Students advise the 170 will be a domestic aircraft and will fly inside the Kingdom ONLY.
UFN
Crews are in Canada presently completing their initial training as we speak.
Some of the initial crews coming off B777 and other types to fill the Sr. Training and Checking positions. Mostly locals.
Hope it helps.

:ok:

Riker
21st Dec 2005, 20:18
I think the MD90 crews would be LUCKY to fly the E170 so long as the salary was not too different. Having flown on the E170 as a pax and having spoken with many E170 crews, I know that it is a fine airplane. Those MD90s are not in great shape - the E170 will bring the latest technology and a more comfortable flight deck.

In terms of flying over water, can't the E170s fly over land on the way to the Gulf Region (Dubai, Sharjah, Kuwait, etc.) or to points in Africa (Cairo, Tripoli, etc.)?