PDA

View Full Version : Property Rentals

bad livin'
18th Dec 2005, 11:49
Do any of you fine ladies or gents have knowledge of the MOD's "rent a flat to provide accom" scheme? I've got a flat in a large Scottish city I wouldn't mind renting out. Any details appreciated and...

a merry xmas to all, wherever you are!

BL

gashman
18th Dec 2005, 14:43
The best I came up with was renting out my place with a standard rental agency and then claiming back some of the legal costs from "the company". If anyone else has a better way of doing it, then I'd be happy to hear about it.

One other thought, my rental agency has been worth the price we pay each month. They found great tennants, collect the rent, deal with minor problems and carry out spot inspections to make sure my property hasn't been trashed. Will an MOD scheme provide the same service?

GM

L J R
18th Dec 2005, 20:43
Professional Pilots Rumour Network ------ Renting flat in Scotland

.....I'm missing the link here...

Talking Radalt
18th Dec 2005, 21:54
OK here's the link......
On occasions, when MOD property is somewhat scarce the Professional Pilots who frequent this Network can (so the Rumour goes) rent private accommodation as an alternative, be it in Scotland, England, or for the really unfortunate...Wales, and I think this is where bad livin' is aiming his query.

There's another rumour going around that at a secret Hampshire Helicopter base, a load of SNCOs have just been ooofed out to private lodgings to make space for a freshly opened box of LACs who were, until now, parked in transit accom in Alder****, so maybe give EGVO a call?

'Course the other option is a card on the NAAFI noticeboard.

Chinny Crewman
19th Dec 2005, 09:44
That rumour is absolutely correct, SNCOs in the portacabin type accommodation are in the process of moving into houses/flats in the local area to make way for junior ranks previously at Aldershot. Apparently the Army wanted the accommodation back. It is forecast to go on for a year or so and will cost the MOD a fortune! Just hope somebody will make a decision soon on the future location of the SH fleet so we can start to invest in the infrastructure of where ever we end up, maybe then all ranks can end up with decent rooms/blocks/messes as envisaged by Project SLAM!

bad livin'
19th Dec 2005, 19:16
Talking Radalt, many thanks. This was indeed my reason for posting...

and it's got a balcony.

Mystic Greg
19th Dec 2005, 19:25
The agency which sources privately-rented off-base accommodation for the MOD is called Countrywide Mobility Partners. I am sure you will be able to find them on the internet, but if that fails do PM me and I will see if I still have an address left over from my last tour when I lived in a hiring sourced through them.

bad livin'
20th Dec 2005, 17:18
Mystic Greg, hole in one. VMT, and merry xmas.

BL