PDA

View Full Version : ATPL (H) CPL (A)

Cheftain
22nd May 1999, 19:14
Just a small note on the Flight appointments
in 19-25 May 99. I thought I should check how much value a 3000 TT etc ATPL (H) plus CPL (A) is worth. On my calculations I was getting this pay early 96! I thought at this time it was the going rate for average service pilot but I was on the lower level with some being a lot higher earners. Enough to say I wont be enticed to go out side to fly for some time although I will spend the 10,000 quid to get a ATPL in the future, any help on how to spend it?

sonic142
22nd May 1999, 19:20
I guess you are referring to the LINK-UP scheme(£10000). I'm not entirely sure how that is going to work. It seems a little desperate as you only get the money back in your last two years. I would have thought that most people in their last two years would probably hold out for the pension anyway, so what does it solve. If the scheme was open to people before their last two years, but you had to do the full service or pay the money back, that would make more sense AND act as a retention bonus.
That way the RAF would more or less guarantee the service of the pilots who otherwise would leave in their early 30's instead.