PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Pilot endurance?

mickjoebill
17th Dec 2005, 17:15
I'm investigating using the Diamond Twin Star for aerial work. (photography)

What is a sensible maximum flight time, in respect of pilot comfort and performance, of a commercial pilot of such an aircraft.

If I needed to fly 12 hours non stop to get to a distant location would having a second pilot mitigate saftey and legal issues of flying for such a long period in a small aircraft?

mickjoebill

Malcolm G O Payne
18th Dec 2005, 09:54
Physical endurance will play a large part. I can attribute more bad landings to the desire to releive myself than any other cause. That was flying a Rapide with long range tanks and four hours endurance.

gijoe
18th Dec 2005, 12:15
I've got a hospital type bottle complete with screw on lid for just this sort of problem.

It's for sale - and I'm not taking the....

PM me if you want one. Pictures can be supplied.

mickjoebill
18th Dec 2005, 19:29
PM me if you want one. Pictures can be supplied.

Thanks for the offer but I'll pass :)

Mickjoebill

Runaway Gun
18th Dec 2005, 20:14
You screw it on ? On to what exactly? ;)

prospector
19th Dec 2005, 06:41
Runaway Gun,

There is another model, it screws in.!!!

the wizard of auz
19th Dec 2005, 12:16
I spend up to seven hours at a time in the air and have found that the large size gatoraid bottle is the perfect size. neck size is good too.

mickjoebill
19th Dec 2005, 17:28
Are you sole pilot during these flights?

Mickjoebill

ssg
20th Dec 2005, 02:27
I have to sit the whole time, so I find 4 hours max.

Anyone here really, honest to god used a relief tube in a corporate jet while sitting in the cockpit?

Very awkward, especialy if it's clogged up. :)

mickjoebill
20th Dec 2005, 08:22
Would a second pilot make a difference?

Mickjoebill

flyingfemme
20th Dec 2005, 08:29
Standard ferry pilot kit is an empty shell oil bottle. Chuck it in the bin at destination and nobody suspects a thing.

Kopeloi
20th Dec 2005, 09:46
Don't use any empty booze bottles. I once left a "used" whisky bottle to Reykjavik and before I as able to warn somebody had a drink....Needless to say, I left in a hurry.