PDA

View Full Version : Career as Cabin Crew

MAN Guy
17th Dec 2005, 11:39
Hi guys

I'm new to this forum but am after some advice (already!) if any of you can help?!

I'm considering a change of career and becoming an airline cabin crew member. I have worked for an airline before (on the ground) at MAN. I really enjoyed it but left shortly after 9/11 as it didn't seem our jobs were safe. So I've been out of the industry for around 4 years now.

I was wondering what kind of salary I would expect to start on as cabin crew??? Also, do all airlines offer just temporary summer contracts initially then lay off until the following summer, or is there a better chance of year round flying if you apply to a scheduled carrier???

I live near MAN so would be looking to apply to carriers who fly from there really, also do you think I'm too late to apply for next summer???

Any input or advice from you guys would be very much appreciated!

Cheers

MAN Guy

ChewyTheWookie
17th Dec 2005, 14:13
This is actually a great time of year to apply as the charter carriers will be looking to take on seasonal crew for the summer season which will be a good start. If you're good, a lot of charter airlines with offer you the chance to stay on for the winter. Just search the net and you're bound to find plenty of airlines recruiting! I started applying for airline jobs about this time 2 years ago and ended up having 7 interviews in a 2 week period!