PDA

View Full Version : Canadian helicopters bid for HS

busman
17th Apr 1999, 12:57
Anyone any news on CHC bidding for helicopter services? (CHC own Brintel) (HS own Bond)

MaxNr
17th Apr 1999, 18:25
In March this year CHC took a 25% stake in Helicopter Services Group making it the largest single shareholder..HSG comprises Helikopter Services A/S, Bond Helicopters LTD, Lloyd Helicopter Services, and Court Helicopters LTD....Not a bad position to be in!!!!

EFATO
18th Apr 1999, 16:15
Bond bid for BIH a few yrs ago and Monopoloies Com stopped bid as this would have left only 2 major players on N Sea. Will Mon Com stop this one as well. BIH have few contracts now and rely on adhocs so are in a poor situation as low oil price reduces number of adhocs required. Bond appear in much better shape though HSG have recently shed some pilots. Oil companies won't like only 2 players so expect them to put political pressure on our Tony or after May 6 will it be our Alex!!!!

maxvne
20th Apr 1999, 01:55
I have heard that HSG cannot make any decsion now without Craig Dobbin (CHC) giving the ok so he has told HSG that they can make decsions on there own if they give him control of Bond helicopters.This remains to be seen.

maxvne
20th Apr 1999, 02:04
I have just heard that CHC has just purchased some of Lloyd helicopters and is now trying to purchase HSG outright has anyone heard this rumour

maxvne
20th Apr 1999, 02:08
Anyone from Brintel out there who can confirm that they are looking for 20 redundancies as this sounds strange with regards to what is happening with CHC

leading edge
20th Apr 1999, 09:45
MaxVne, not quite right mate. CHC is bidding for Helikopter Service which owns Bond and Lloyd outright. CHC cannot just bid or buy Lloyd unless HS agree to sell it to them. The whole picture is complicated but goes like this:

CHC own BIH in UK through Craig Dobbin's Irish (therefore EC) citizenship. BIH (being European)owns part of a Norwiegen company called Vindair. Vindair (being Norweigan)are buying HS stocks on the Stock Exchange. Mind you, if I were an HS shareholder, I'd be happy at how my share price was going up. I think I'd sell now in case CHC decide to suddenly dump all of their new shares in one go and take a quick profit!

MaxNr
20th Apr 1999, 16:49
Leading Edge has a valid point here...I feel CHC purchased its 25% stake in HSG for purely financial reasons. HSG stock fell from a high of 80KNr last summer to 40KNr at the time of acquisition. You can find out more details at CHC`s web site www.chc.ca.

maxvne
20th Apr 1999, 23:26
Thanks leading edge for letting me know the score,yes it's all complicated and hard trying to keep up with whats happenning and you cannot predict what CHC are going to do.
I suppose it does sound if it is for financial gain.
All the best and safe flying.