PDA

View Full Version : B1900 ex-SUDAN

Coleman Myers
15th Dec 2005, 14:03
I have just been approached to do some freelance on a ZS registered B1900 but the agent won't tell me the operator. Anybody else had anything ?.

MysticFlyer
15th Dec 2005, 16:53
Kindly dispose of the agent.....thanks, we'll pay you back one day!

Enough of those around! Alternatively paste his name here, we'll take care of him/her....

Coleman Myers
17th Dec 2005, 11:07
The agent, of Somali origin, is probably more like to take care of you old boy ... have found out who the operator is though (however, am still going through the agent ;0)

MysticFlyer
17th Dec 2005, 11:32
Why are these offers never openly advertised, or am I missing the point? What type of candidate are they looking for and that's rhethoric!

Well, as they say, "kick the tires, light the fires"! Good luck and all of the best! Hope it's a nice clean job worth the money!

MF:hmm:

Coleman Myers
18th Dec 2005, 08:23
Ta MF - its UN apparently ... lets see what develops. The lines are quieter since Friday ;0)

Dont worry
18th Dec 2005, 11:22
Hi, there !
I am also looking for some Freelance Jobs on a B350 or B1900.
Can somebody give me some contact details, please.
Have about 1200 hrs on B350 and B1900 and 2000 total.
Thank you in advance

Solid Rust Twotter
18th Dec 2005, 12:01
Friday was a Bank Holiday in SA.

P68BRAVO
18th Dec 2005, 15:34
King air service of SA operates in Sudan with Be 1900 for the UN

Coleman Myers
20th Dec 2005, 13:41
Hear ALS will have four additional 1900's in KRT

PingPong
21st Dec 2005, 10:00
Coleman... I think what you hear fits in with what I heard. Apparently King Air Services and Executive Turbine have lost their 1900 contracts with the WFP, in Sudan, to a Kenyan operator. At two 1900s each, this suggests ALS have picked up the work for all four. http://www.als.co.ke

RICCARDOVOLANTE
21st Dec 2005, 15:14
So King Air service and Ex Turbine lost their contract in Sudan?
I feel sorry for the pilots that lost their jobs ,opposite feelings for both company,and special way for KAS ,I lost money due to KAS and they will lose money too.That is life.You do something wrong to someone and someone else will do to you,right Carlo?
Sincerly
Riccardo Volante

Airforce1
21st Dec 2005, 16:12
South African based companys losing contracts to the Kenyans.....have a feeling this will be a leading topic soon on PPRUNE, there will be more contract losses for the SA companys to the "kick the tires and light the fires" Kenyan based companys'

WATCH THIS SPACE!:ouch:

Solid Rust Twotter
21st Dec 2005, 17:10
The SA companies are restricted by FDP which don't appear to affect the Kenyans.:suspect:

SKYTORT
21st Dec 2005, 20:23
RICCARDOVOLANTE, man I feel so sorry for you. You are what one refers to as a well balanced character - i.e you have a chip on each shoulder. Your name is familiar since I remeber you applying for the ET job looking for 1900 pilots, and you were the poor soul that got told they only accept SA's!

Good man, you know, things happen for a reason - KAS would never take you because, having worked with the guys here in Sudan (meaning I am one of those who have just lost his job - yeah right!) and I can tell you a prick like you would never fit with a bunch of great people like the ones currently operating here as KAS crew or ET crew.

I must say your spelling has improved a bit - keep on it dude, maybe you will get a job with them one of these days after all!

I.R.PIRATE
22nd Dec 2005, 01:53
Hey guys come on....no more Riccardo bashing.....

Ok just once more......Riccardo its really time for you to go and sit in the corner and go fist yourself.

SA Fred
22nd Dec 2005, 06:26
It would appear KAS regards this contract as uneconomic as they seem to have declined an extension of the contract at the old terms until the ALS aircraft arrive (at least on one machine). They've been in the game a while I'm sure they have other work in the pipeline for the two affected machines.

Kenyan FDPs appear to be rather simplistic. The Dash 8 crews fly until they hit 100 hours then knock off for the rest of the month. Sometimes they hit their limit in 2.5 weeks.

It remains to be seen whether ALS can actually produce the aircraft required for the contract. Word is that ET are reluctant to lease them 1900s since they are not the world's best payers...

[edited for punctuation]

RICCARDOVOLANTE
22nd Dec 2005, 12:23
SA Fred, you maybe right on that ,in effect the contract has been made in dollars and since the dollars is not doing well against the main currency which include the SA currency , so the margin of profit it is quite low to the eyes of the owner of KAS.When I was in SA he was trying to convice some contractors to switch from the Be 1900 to the C208.Accordindg to the owner of KAS the c 208 can handle far more weight then the Be 1900,well I do not know the C208 ,but I do know quite well the Be 1900 and it doesnt appear to me that his idea about weight was right.The last thing that I cannot belive is that the KAS dropped the contract with the WFP ,I konw enough the owner of KAS to say that he would not drop even a drop of water on the floor at the present time, there are not so many contracts avalaible now.Anyway there has been quite of turn over after the drop of the dollar .
Sincerely
Riccardo Volante

Jetstream_lover
22nd Dec 2005, 15:30
Hi RICCARDO,
Dont you think its time you get off this forum, you have been offered jobs by other companies in Africa, such as the one in Tanzania!! You turned that down. Most of us have to start from the bottom matey. All you ever do is whine and write (on the verge of slander) about some fantastic companies. Once again you turn a simple thread into your own personal vendetta. I know KAS well, they are a great great bunch of guys and some of them fantastic friends. Do yourself a favour, get of this forum, go get yourself a job, maybe in the netherlands 'fisting yourself' on stage for money, and pay for your JAR. I know enough guys who have found work in Africa and in Europe to know that all you are, is someone who cant stay away from prune and jack over pics of A320 eletrical diagrams.
Yours sincerely with kindest regards and season's greeting's
A contract driver.

SKYTORT
22nd Dec 2005, 16:00
I agree with Jetstream_lover, Riccardo, man you have such issues. Why don't you just cut you crappy posts and starting appreciating things!

Nobody here is interested in your sad little stories - it's really pathetic dude! Get over it...

A320 electrical diagrams and a :mad: in the hand.....:} Good one!!!

bushbolox
22nd Dec 2005, 16:12
4 holer poler, why arent you moderating this abuse. Youve been fast enough to exclude people you dont agree with in the past, or dont your yarpie friends in Kenya count.

RICCARDOVOLANTE
22nd Dec 2005, 16:30
Well , well ,well ,
I turn down the Job in Tanzania ,two months later the same airplane crashed due to poor mantainance the tragedy was avoid due to the good ability of the pilot.

I was not hired by the KAS from SA because I would not fit with the great bunch of pilots in Sudan.
I was not hired from ETurbine because I was not South African citizen.Both company lost the contract in Sudan several month later.
According to this I am a smart guy .
Jetstream_lover you start from the bottom and remain at the bottom. Go tell the news to you "papa" Carlo from KAS.He is happy that he lost the contract,tell him I am happy for him .

SKYTORT

"Why don't you just cut you crappy posts and starting appreciating things!"
I am appreciating things now look waht happen.What about you ? are you appreciating things? You just lost a job at Christ mas time . Are you appreciating things? Still??really pathetic you are
"Saluto Romano"
Sincerely
Riccardo Volante

bush van
22nd Dec 2005, 19:36
hi guys
Well KAS has lost the 1900 contract with wfp but the C208 remains in tact. Als have won the new contract but have no aircraft nor pilots, apparently they have phoned kas pilots offering them jobs. ALS apparently pays co-pilots on 1900 5500$ and captains 10000$ FACT. The red cross 1900 in HSSS(khartoum) ALS have lost that contratso that A/C is going WFP. ALS also dont havt the dash 8 they promised!!!!

ao kas might only stay till end of jan, or end of dec

Keep safe all

MysticFlyer
23rd Dec 2005, 06:40
Stop bashing my friend Riccardo, he's doing a great job of it himself, aren't you Riccardo?

Well, as I said, "kick the tires and light the fires!":zzz:

SKYTORT
23rd Dec 2005, 09:29
"I was not hired from ETurbine because I was not South African citizen.Both company lost the contract in Sudan several month later.
According to this I am a smart guy"

I would say this makes you extremely unsmart (for moderation purpose) - Applying for a job you know will go tits up in 6 months! Come on man, what kind statement is that...?

What makes you think these people have lost their jobs? Don't you know where one door closes another one opens...I guess you never even had a door opened for you to even close on you...

Wow you are arrogant...I hope you don't sign your CV's as "RICCARDO VOLANTE"

Cheers:ok:

RICCARDOVOLANTE
23rd Dec 2005, 14:07
SKYTORT,I sent you my CV via PM with real name so you know who I am and you can pass word to all the air company you like.,So doggy operator will not contact me any longer.
Saluto Romano
Sincerely
Riccardo Volante
OOOps
I just find out you cannot receive any PM
By the way
Merry Christmas
Sincerely
Riccardo Volante

Jetstream_lover
24th Dec 2005, 16:28
Sorry mate
Can i just ask what a 'doggy operator' is?
I mean their are some rough operator's out there, but never heard of one run by a jack russel or a doberman?
By the way to all you drivers out their, have a fantastic christmas where ever you are, especially to the contract 'dog's who like me are in some god forsaken hell hole!
Cheers guys

Solid Rust Twotter
24th Dec 2005, 16:46
Could be worse, boet. You could be unemployed, like hundreds of pilots out there...:(