PDA

View Full Version : air service/canadian metro

joebloggs13
15th Dec 2005, 13:48
Hi all, looking to see if anyone working for air service/canadian metro working in Gabon on here. Wondering how the operation is. I have heard good things. Cheers in advance!!

Treetopflyer
15th Dec 2005, 16:34
Hey Joebloggs13

I was working until recently for the outfit just nextdoor to Air Service and I have several friends working there.

They seem to be a very serious airline (at least for African standards) and are expanding pretty fast. I believe they currently operate 2 DHC6-200, 4 DHC8-100 and 1 DHC8-300 all in decent condition.

Most Canadian contract pilots seems to have trouble staying there, though, dunno exactly why. The pays seems OK, it's just that they don't like Gabon in general, apparently. I've been told the work atmosphere isn't great because of that. Gabon is an exciting and safe place though, but granted it is a bit difficult if you don't speak any French.

Would I work for Air Service? I probably would.

When are you going?

Cheers -- TTF.

joebloggs13
16th Dec 2005, 18:42
Thanks for the reply TTF, I haven't decided yet about going over there. I am waiting on a potential job here in Canada for one of the majors, so I will wait it out for a while. But I do have a very good friend working for them and he says its a first class operation. I have spoken with their CP and it looks like they might be needing people in the new year, so if things dont pan out here, I'm off to the dark continent....the land of adventure me thinks!! Who were you working for during your stint in Gabon?