PDA

View Full Version : B5 East African Safari Air Express Ltd

TimS
15th Dec 2005, 10:16
Anyone familiar with this operation - background information would be appreciated

Brgds

Tims

Coleman Myers
15th Dec 2005, 11:54
Is that Adam Ogdens outfit ?

TimS
15th Dec 2005, 12:40
I believe so - nothing mysterious in my enquiry other than we have been asked to quote for some services to them and I like to know as much about the background and general operation of potential clients as possible and cannot find anything about them on internet etc - I have a copy of their current schedules and that is it at the moment.

twonky
15th Dec 2005, 13:00
If you want more info see African thread search....the long haul side went bust in Sept 2004 ...they still owe me and my ex colleages lots of money .... beware!!!

TimS
15th Dec 2005, 13:08
Twonky - we also caught a cold on the 'long haul version' - am just a bit confused as to how close the two entities were/are, who is still involved from the previous operation etc

Coleman Myers
15th Dec 2005, 14:02
Okay - I checked out that they have just added Malindi to their routes on the Fokker jet and seem to be doing a fair amount of cargo and pax in to Rumbekin South Sudan. The crew are very nice chaps (one Captain is ex-BA franchise) and they appear to get paid !!!. They also fly to Loki on the Sudan Border daily, with their sales pitch boasting onboard facilities and hot galley (the other operators apparently using B200 and B1900). I think they are probably fine to deal with and that the long haul deal collapsed because of a third party. They have an office at Wilson Airport (by the Aero Club) and one in Nirobi center so can't be doing too badly. I understand AO has a fairly substantial backer.