PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla stuff

The Voice
14th Dec 2005, 23:48
I have been very happily using Thunderbird for quite a few months - until yesterday. I booted the computer and asked T/Bird to open and when it did - it did, there was nuthin, nada, zip, zilch of anything I have saved/received/trashed in fact nothing that even indicated that I ever had an account. :sad: My hubby's was fine and beaut and interestingly, I had set his account up as an adjunct of mine - so that kinda confused me a bit (well a lot really).

So I created a new account after updating the version I was using.

As a result of updating T/Bird I also siezed the moment for F/Fox. I have gotten used to F/Fox opening new tab/window thingees across the bottom of the screen (which now doesn't happen .. ) not inside the top of that one window (which now does happen). I have had a ferret around in the options and ticked and unticked various boxes - but I'm afraid my blondeness is overcoming my sanity .. :ugh:

so, A) any clues as to where my previous email account(s) may be (ie - are they retrievable) and B) how do I go back to lots of single tab files instead of lots of tabs in 1 window ...

Ta much in advance :\

and may the fat fella be real good to you this year!! ;)

Golden Ticket
15th Dec 2005, 07:35
I don't know why this happens but it seems that the profile for thunderbird gets corrupted (maybe someone with more understanding can explain). It's very annoying but you can back up your profile in case it happens again. Here's a link to the download page.

MozBackup (http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/)

Keef
15th Dec 2005, 20:40
As long as you don't do anything drastic, your old mail folders are almost certainly still all there.

Have a look into
C: \Documents and Settings\<your name>\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\<something gibberish>\Mail\<folder names>

If you find all that's "missing" is still in there, then create new folders under a new profile, then copy across the contents of the folders under \Mail\... and you should find all your stuff has returned.

Been there ... done that.